Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Well if you're ever seen a volcanic eruption, doesn't magma move pretty slow?

Or is is lava once its above ground? gently caress its probably lava isn't it...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

KillHour posted:

Genesis is apparently doing their own AMG/M thing and calling it "Magma"

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a60301240/genesis-magma-performance-gv60-concept/

I don't love that they're starting with the crossover and that the G80 sedan is going to be middle east only, but at least the color is cool.

Cool wheels. I wonder if those will be standard.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Hyundai did light blue so Genesis picked bright orange and I guess they wanted to lean into it. I appreciate them bucking the trend of default car colors being boring as gently caress.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

https://youtu.be/yVo1S52xdpI?si=lTszknCXJE9WqNKV

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

Sab669 posted:

:shrug: The X3 looks fine as far as SUVs go. GV60 is gently caress ugly.

For now, the X3 looks fine. For now.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Franco Caution posted:

For now, the X3 looks fine. For now.

Are there any leaks of the G45 X3? I forgot that comes out this year. All I can find on a quick search is camoflagued photos on news sites, and I'm guessing what are fan renders on an image search.

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Mar 26, 2024

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

phosdex posted:

Cool wheels. I wonder if those will be standard.

They look like a knockoff of Vossen's LC series wheels https://vossenwheels.com/wheel/lc3-01t/

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I generally like what Genesis is doing (yes even that Magma thing) but wtf is this

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2024/03/sporty-orange-and-big-luxury-genesis-brings-its-ev-game-to-ny/

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It’s marketed as a toy for people to have as their 3rd or 4th car i guess .

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

mobby_6kl posted:

I generally like what Genesis is doing (yes even that Magma thing) but wtf is this

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2024/03/sporty-orange-and-big-luxury-genesis-brings-its-ev-game-to-ny/

It's a concept car OP. Concept cars are notorious for being crazy and impractical but generally cool-looking at first glance.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

FlapYoJacks posted:

It's a concept car OP. Concept cars are notorious for being crazy and impractical but generally cool-looking at first glance.

That screen isn't cool looking tho, op op.

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

Most new cars are for people that hate driving and would rather be scrolling TikTok, so that's what gets concepted and marketed.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

mobby_6kl posted:

So you can watch your Criterion Collection in a proper letterbox format.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

“Magma” sounds ominous

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

FlapYoJacks posted:

Unless you are honda and really really hate selling electric cars. The e was pretty much unchanged from concept to retail and spent way too much of the BOM on replicating that silly interior.

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Mar 26, 2024

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

FlapYoJacks posted:

Are you saying there isn't going to be an enormous widescreen stuck on the dashboard?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Genesis has done pretty nice concepts in the past.

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Unless I'm on the inside curve pointing straight at oncoming traffic the high beams stay on and I laugh at your puny protest flashes.
I am Most Important Man. Most Important Man in the World.

SlowBloke posted:

Unless you are honda and really really hate selling electric cars. The e was pretty much unchanged from concept to retail and spent way too much of the BOM on replicating that silly interior.

Honda hates selling any cars. I just read an article about the collapse of Honda's market share in Europe. Last year they sold 66 000 cars here, even Porsche sold a third more. In Finland they topped at 6700 cars in 2007, last year they sold 201.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Cool concepts don't mean poo poo when you're never going to build it

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

mobby_6kl posted:

Are you saying there isn't going to be an enormous widescreen stuck on the dashboard?

Of course. But it won’t slide out from the dash and it will probably be smaller and mounted in the center like every other modern vehicle.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Saukkis posted:

Honda hates selling any cars. I just read an article about the collapse of Honda's market share in Europe. Last year they sold 66 000 cars here, even Porsche sold a third more. In Finland they topped at 6700 cars in 2007, last year they sold 201.

Are doing a pivot to developing markets or they don't want to hit EU emission/safety standards like Suzuki?

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

They might be making a move toward small engine to avoid regulation headaches. They already have a dominant market share in everything from ATVs to trash pumps.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Sab669 posted:

Cool concepts don't mean poo poo when you're never going to build it

Saab took that a step further with the Aero X.

They just quit building cars soon after.

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
Magma is definitely a strange name. Really lining up the nickname Smegma if not well received, too.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Saukkis posted:

I've had two Honda motorcycles, and Honda just pisses me off. They would have the *perfect* commuter motorcyle if they'd just put cruise control on the NC750. They'd have the perfect adventure bike if they'd just put cruise on the transalp 750. But no, cruise is gated to the 1100 and up engines (Africa Twin, Rebel 1100) I guess they don't want to take away sales from the Africa Twin or Gold Wing, but seriously both of those are almost $20k new. I don't understand how Honda made the NC750x DCT throttle by wire and *didn't* put cruise control.

Now that I have cruise on a bike, I'm never going back. That poo poo is so cash. The smallest displacement bike I could find it on was a CFMoto ibex 800T (KTM 790 adventure clone) I would've gotten the rebel 1100 DCT if I didn't have to immediately turn around and put $300 of forward controls on it so it wouldn't feel so comically small.

I guess they just want to make pressure washers and lawnmowers or something.

Also that huge screen almost hitting the windshield is so dumb.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Africa Twin start at 14.5 but your point still stands I’d say.

They also do other maddening stuff like shipping CRF300L with suspension set up for a middle school sized child.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Saukkis posted:

Isn't this more due to protectionist policies than anything Honda is or is not doing?

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

Neo_Crimson posted:

Isn't this more due to protectionist policies than anything Honda is or is not doing?

Every other car here in Finland is a Corolla wagon, so Honda must be doing something wrong. Maybe people just got tired of endless rust issues.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Russian Bear posted:

Africa Twin start at 14.5 but your point still stands I’d say.

They also do other maddening stuff like shipping CRF300L with suspension set up for a middle school sized child.

I'm sorry, you're right. The AT I'm always lusting after is the DCT adventure sports with the electronic suspension, which gets pretty expensive. I love how that bike looks. Also I just remembered that Honda didn't even sell the AT in 2023 in the US at all. They also don't sell the NT1100 here either, which I would love to have as a commuter/tourer.

E: but they sell the fury, which I guess is their take on a chopper, but man, I never see those anywhere but showrooms. I've never seen one on the road. It's like Honda just doesn't understand this market at all. People that buy choppers are likely to never buy anything but Harley Davidson.

I really wanted the HD Pan America special, but holy poo poo that bike was expensive as all hell and very heavy. It goes like a scalded dog and rode great, but I just couldn't justify the $20k+ price tag at the time.

BloodBag fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Mar 27, 2024

Humbug
Dec 3, 2006
Bogus

Neo_Crimson posted:

Honda hasn't cared for/understood Europe for like 20 years now. They where late to the diesel game when that was all the rage, and they are late with lackluster electric offerings now. They apparently did something to piss off their entire dealer network here in Norway, so they are only sold through gray market dealers. Not a great look when you are trying to sell a premium lifestyle car (The e). The Honda name doesn't really hold any cashet being mostly snowblowers and lawnmowers around here. They have been outsold by Hyundai in Europe since like 2001.

The Honda e has ceased production and it's Chinese made and designed replacement, the e:NY1, has been mostly panned.
https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/honda/eny1

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Unless I'm on the inside curve pointing straight at oncoming traffic the high beams stay on and I laugh at your puny protest flashes.
I am Most Important Man. Most Important Man in the World.

Neo_Crimson posted:

Not really. The reason seems to be the strict emission standards and those apply equally to European brands. I bet BMW and M-B have hard time getting their cars below the 95grams of CO2 per km limit.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
Honda's European range gets broadly similar economy to Toyota and they're much more successful.

DoLittle
Jul 26, 2006
Toyota sold ~900k cars in Europe last year and Honda 60k. (VAG 3300k and Stellantis 2100k.)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It’s a shame Because as I’ve said before I think the current Accord is maybe the best mid market sedan ever made

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I don't think they sell the Accord in Europe at all. No idea WTF Honda is doing (or rather not doing). EU's a pretty big market and cars like the Fit, Civic and Accord (RIP) are all in popular segments, not to mention their CUV thingies. I haven't been insde a current-gen Honda but they seem to be very competitive by all accounts so it's really strange. Maybe it's becasue everything is only weird E-CVT hybrid and people hate it? :shrug:

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

euphronius posted:

It’s a shame Because as I’ve said before I think the current Accord is maybe the best mid market sedan ever made

Mid market sedan is not an important category in Europe, especially not one as large as the Accord has got.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

euphronius posted:

The Accord is nice, but I'd still take an XSE trim V6 Camry over it all day long.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

The current Fit generation is really nice (I’ve driven one from a car share service), I’m not sure why they can’t or won’t shift more in Europe. It’s certainly better than the Yaris.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

harperdc posted:

The current Fit generation is really nice (I’ve driven one from a car share service), I’m not sure why they can’t or won’t shift more in Europe. It’s certainly better than the Yaris.

My mom was talking about selling her Fit -- 2017ish, I think, lowest trim and a manual. I convinced her to keep it, they're just great vehicles. My wife has a 2015 EX, but it's a CVT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I had a '16 Fit with the manual; hated it and sold it in 6 months.

Great appliance for normies who want to be economical, but for anyone who likes cars/driving I don't know how anyone could stomach such a boring thing.