Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Yeah I kinda like that. The comment about 335hp being just enough to have fun but not enough to scare yourself is..... confusing.

I think you have to look at it in context of every other electric "performance/sports" car having at least double that power or even more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Yeah I kinda like that. The comment about 335hp being just enough to have fun but not enough to scare yourself is..... confusing.

335hp for 1980kgs, a bit less power to weight than a MX-5.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

saw a BYD Atto 3 in the wild in my neighborhood for the first time.

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Sab669 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbTXrhA5DJ0

Still one of the dumbest car names I've ever heard of, but at least someone's making an "affordable" EV roadster.

it's fine, but I like the direction of caterham for sports car stuff https://caterhamcars.com/us/models/projectv

~2650 lb, 250hp

edit:
lol, I missed affordable. Caterham estimates it will want at least 80,000 British pounds for it

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Someone in my parents’ neighborhood has a Cadillac Celestiq. It looks even longer in person. Definitely a weird looking car.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Mr. Apollo posted:

Someone in my parents’ neighborhood has a Cadillac Celestiq. It looks even longer in person. Definitely a weird looking car.

I saw one in a parking lot the other day. It looks better in person but holy poo poo is that back end long.

Forget c-pillars, it has c, d, and e pillars.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Mr. Apollo posted:

$340,000?

Better use of money than 3 cybertrucks but seriously? At that price I’d just buy a Bentley and hire a driver.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Remulak posted:

$340,000?

Better use of money than 3 cybertrucks but seriously? At that price I’d just buy a Bentley and hire a driver.
Starting at $340K and you have to prequalify before they’ll talk to you about it. GM says each one is built by hand to order and there are no options as it’s “almost infinitely customizable”.

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006
Responding to the absolutely massive global demand, you can now get the Audi A3 as a crossover.

https://www.audi-mediacenter.com/en/audi-a3-allstreet-15902

:toot:

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
3cm lift, looks like 6cm with the appearance package.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Thank god it’s got worse driving dynamics. I hated being able to take a corner.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
What is this doing for me that the Q3 wasn’t nominally doing already?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Hopefully selling more units at higher margins, if you're Audi/VW.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Mr. Apollo posted:

Starting at $340K and you have to prequalify before they’ll talk to you about it. GM says each one is built by hand to order and there are no options as it’s “almost infinitely customizable”.
I wonder what this "pre-qualification" process is.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Credit score over 500 fir a 27 year old flat brimmed hat baller that just won 250k on a scratch ticket. Cody and Destiny need to let people know they've "made it".

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

Did I just miss it or do most automotive journalists give about the same level of fucks about this thing that I do?
I figured the Caddy would be a perfect candidate for a Doug video about all the weird customization options.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Mr. Apollo posted:

Really a nice trend for a major car producer to take . I guess no one was buying Cadillacs for 50,000$ anyway

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

DanTheFryingPan posted:

Responding to the absolutely massive global demand, you can now get the Audi A3 as a crossover.

https://www.audi-mediacenter.com/en/audi-a3-allstreet-15902

:toot:

Something about the name "Allstreet" just sounds so pathetic to me.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It looks like a factory donk.

I also like how "35 TFSI" now means 147hp 1.5 liter

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

What is this doing for me that the Q3 wasn’t nominally doing already?

Well, that's an A3 that's lifted with a taller body. This is an A3 that's just lifted. An A3 version of a Golf Cross Country I guess?

No I don't get it either.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

That conforms to the legal loophole that in order to sell a wagon in America you need to raise it and apply black cladding.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

The CUV or Compact Utility Vehicle line up is just... terrible? It's like you just end up with a lifted car and useless back seats.

Granted, I really like the Honda HR-V and the BMW X1 but for the most part these models are simply too small to be useful.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Sab669 posted:

Something about the name "Allstreet" just sounds so pathetic to me.

Well you they have other cars with "allroad" in the name, and this one is different.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Yea, that's what I don't get is why they changed it up. IDK, it's like they're just giving up even trying to suggest that their 'Allroad' models can go Off road. Call it all street, because really it is just for the streets.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Sab669 posted:

Yea, that's what I don't get is why they changed it up. IDK, it's like they're just giving up even trying to suggest that their 'Allroad' models can go Off road. Call it all street, because really it is just for the streets.

i mean yeah modern crossovers aren't designed to go off road

The original Allroad was somewhat capable but it would almost certainly break, stranding you up a forest road to be eaten by bears

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
Audi Allsmoothpavement
Audi Someroads
Audi Moststreets
Audi Selectsurfaces
Audi Thatstreetisokbutwatchthepotholesespeciallythebigones

Bulk Vanderhuge fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Apr 29, 2024

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

I know it’s all marketing garbage but at least “allroad” makes some sense, because rough dirt and gravel roads are still “roads” that a little extra clearance and suspension do actually improve the experience. Nobody intelligent is taking an allroad off-roading.

“All street” is dark humor about the deteriorating quality of American streets.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

yeah I was gonna say I don't mind an extra few mm the way :wrongcity: streets are these days (and in the past)

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

They missed a big opportunity to capitalize on the mallcrawler theme. Give it some scowly headlights and visible suspension linkages, they'd sell millions.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I forget what comes in an Overland trim but I'm surprised we don't see more of them.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Audi allalley
Audi someroads

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Guinness posted:

I know it’s all marketing garbage but at least “allroad” makes some sense, because rough dirt and gravel roads are still “roads” that a little extra clearance and suspension do actually improve the experience. Nobody intelligent is taking an allroad off-roading.

“All street” is dark humor about the deteriorating quality of American streets.

Yea this is what I was trying to say, but worded better :v:

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

Audi Allsmoothpavement
Audi Someroads
Audi Moststreets
Audi Selectsurfaces
Audi Thatstreetisokbutwatchthepotholesespeciallythebigones

Ahh, the German language

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

LeeMajors posted:

I feel like the only person who likes the way the new Accords look.

I think they're classy as gently caress with just the right amount of retrofuturism in the taillights.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

PeterWeller posted:

I think they're classy as gently caress with just the right amount of retrofuturism in the taillights.

It’s so good. They just made everything simple with long lines. It’s lovely.

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

Yeah, I'm seriously looking at the Accord and really like how it looks.

I have gone to a dealership, sat in it pushing buttons for a while, then gone home to nitpick everything and fixate on one aspect I don't like. I'll delay buying until its mid-cycle refresh, then delay due to another new car that's been announced, and then there will be a new model to wait for/it will be discontinued.

I've been doing this since the 2013 Ford Fusion (I didn't like the info screen in the instrument panel).

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

If the Accord was just a little taller, I would have immediately bought it. I remember fitting in a CB7/9 was so much easier.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

What is the classic accord color? I think of them in white or silver.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

phosdex posted:

What is the classic accord color? I think of them in white or silver.

Sherwood Green Pearl

Speaking of green, does this count as a "new" car?

https://www.pistonheads.com/news/TWR/Supercar/48473

TWR Supercat. 600hp Supercharged V12, six-speed manual, starting from £225k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Looks like a less cool Hyundai 74 :v: