Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bandit
Aug 18, 2006

Westbound And Down

Monkey Fracas posted:

Reviewers say the CX-5 drives pretty well- drat if they would put the 2.5 turbo from the CX-9 that they're tossing in the 6 for next year's model (250HP/310lb*ft)it would rule. Current motor is kinda anemic. speedCX-5

I love my CX-5, girlfriend wanted a cuv I wanted a wagon. I can drop the seat low enough that it feels carlike, she can raise it up and see over traffic. Handles well, the autobox is pretty aggressive, but a bit more power would be fun. I’d buy another especially with the 2.5T.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bandit
Aug 18, 2006

Westbound And Down

Wheeee posted:

Bronco is going to be by far the hottest lifestyle vehicle for the foreseeable future, especially when Ford releases the warthog and other special trims. wrap it up wranglosers and tacomailures you're done

Failrunners was right there

The Bandit
Aug 18, 2006

Westbound And Down
I have a ‘14 manual soul base, does exactly what it needs to. The six speed is actually decent, 30-35 mpg depending on how I shift. Mines at 120k miles with no unexpected maintenance costs.

The Bandit
Aug 18, 2006

Westbound And Down

Sab669 posted:

People drive fast but I wouldn't call them aggressive like in MA. Like I spent all day today just cruising around in the city today going to various museums and such and it was a really nice drive. And it's really weird hearing my GPS go, "Exit onto ten thousand six hundred south" or whatever the hell they've decided to name their routes here.

Any suggestions for food? 🙃 Hoping to do Mt Olympus tomorrow but I'm mildly afraid of elevation sickness plaguing my half way up or something. Did a 1300ft hike last night and felt perfectly fine though

I miss Boston driving, aggressive and decisive. Out here it’s either people driving like assholes on purpose or completely clueless doing 10 under in the left lane.

For food: note I haven’t been to any of these in over 2 years
Oquirrh is pretty dope.
Pago is solid for brunch.
Tradition is good.
The rest/bodega.

Those are the ones I can think of that aren’t generic gastropub with a wall of whiskey cookie cuttered all over downtown

e: The Pie is dope, wicked cheesy though

The Bandit
Aug 18, 2006

Westbound And Down

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

What till you hear what the acronym FORD actually stands for.

https://youtu.be/3AJCdmW33fM?si=Q6x-uAqeqi2izNzs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bandit
Aug 18, 2006

Westbound And Down

Full Collapse posted:

Yeah, but open diff with the V6. :(

GR Corolla sounds great for, "I like the GR86, but need more than just space for a couple carry-ons."

I know the GR86 seats fold down and a set of tires can fit, but everyday practicality imo is better with a hatch due to the lack of rear shelf.

GRC has been pretty solid for me so far. I’ve always liked the 86, but didn’t want to deal with getting a kid in and out of the back. Or make them suffer. It’s a hoot in the canyons, and was fairly comfortable for a road trip.

The tech is present but not invasive. Has a couple knobs and good steering wheel controls. Outside of changing a couple settings(mainly the lane keep assist) when I first got it I rarely have to use the touch screen.