Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DogDodger
Nov 19, 2006

Hellcat likes it rough.

Preoptopus posted:

Just saw this on TG. Looks rather tasty.

2010 Audi Rs5

More pics at: http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/audi-rs5-2010-02-22

Very hot car, but no manual makes me sad. I also wonder how they're going to deal with carbon buildup issues in this car, or if they have anything at all planned to alleviate the problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DogDodger
Nov 19, 2006

Hellcat likes it rough.
drat, I have an Impact helmet. The company says it's challenging the decertification. Maybe it's time to start looking for a new one. :(

DogDodger
Nov 19, 2006

Hellcat likes it rough.
Audi TT RS is inbound by the third quarter of 2011. No pricing info yet; an Audi USA source told me that they're hoping for "significantly under" $70K. My fingers are crossed.

DogDodger
Nov 19, 2006

Hellcat likes it rough.
No stick? No thanks. :(

DogDodger
Nov 19, 2006

Hellcat likes it rough.

Phangor posted:

GRRRRRRR

A buddy of mine mentioned that it has flatworm eyes. I think he's right. :(

DogDodger
Nov 19, 2006

Hellcat likes it rough.
Yeah, why refer to people from the only country with America in its name as Americans? It's nothing like calling French people Europeans actually.

Anyway, TT RS is getting closer to Americans' driveways. The final hp figure is still up in the air as either 340 or 360.

quote:

* Enhanced mag ride (standard) that sharpens throttle response, tightens steering and opens the exhaust in sport mode.
* Delete option available for the standard fixed rear spoiler.
* Perforated leather seat inserts exclusive to the RS, available in black or silver.
* Meatier, perforated leather steering wheel.
* Single trim level, with several packages and stand-alone options.
* Carbon fiber trim on the air intake plenum and oil filler surround.
* Exclusive RS colors still under consideration.
* Bright silver 19” wheels standard, titanium finish optional.
* Price in the low $60s (Audi is still working the numbers).
* Available this summer as a 2012 model.
* “Well under 1,000” to be imported, probably over two model years.

DogDodger
Nov 19, 2006

Hellcat likes it rough.

ozziegt posted:

Audi does this too in some cars but I think it goes from front right to rear left, and front left to rear right.

And it leaks. :(

DogDodger
Nov 19, 2006

Hellcat likes it rough.

awesome-express posted:

It's a V8, funnily enough, there's rumors that the US is going to get a manual version of the M5. Still, I think the E39 M5 is the best looking fiver out there.

Agreed, although I like this one better than the current generation.

DogDodger
Nov 19, 2006

Hellcat likes it rough.

gigButt posted:

I just saw a new Focus in a parking lot today and it looks massive! I actually thought it was a Taurus at first.

Will the Fiat 500 sell well in the States? or will it fail for being too small and "over-priced"? If it sells remarkably well, will the other giants take notice and make a true compact car?

I was following one yesterday and didn't recognize what it was. When I got close enough to read the badge, I was surprised it wasn't a redesigned Fusion...

DogDodger
Nov 19, 2006

Hellcat likes it rough.

A5H posted:

The new Jag 2.2 owns.

I quite like this.

Ingraman posted:

New pictures of the Lexus GS are out.

But quite dislike this.

DogDodger
Nov 19, 2006

Hellcat likes it rough.

sanchez posted:

It seems like direct injection helps a lot when it comes to running low octane, the new Hyundai 2.0 and the new Ford 5.0 are both fine with it.

It also helps build up carbon on the back of your intake valves. :(

DogDodger
Nov 19, 2006

Hellcat likes it rough.
Audi's 4.2 L FSI V8. This was at 43K miles, and wasn't among the worst the shop had seen. Unfortunately, the sister shop's dyno was unavailable, so we didn't get any numbers before/after cleaning. For what it's worth, though, my butt dyno did note an improvement. The Germans have been using it for a while, but they haven't solved this problem yet.

DogDodger
Nov 19, 2006

Hellcat likes it rough.
Speaking of transmission options, Europeans will soon not be able to get a manual in their S4s and S5s. I doubt the US will be able to hold out for long.

DogDodger
Nov 19, 2006

Hellcat likes it rough.

Throatwarbler posted:

quote:

How would you feel about a $30,000-plus luxury car with leather seats, detailed accent stitching, lustrous and expensive metallic paint, a navigation system, Bose audio -- and hand-cranked rear windows?

Worked for the European B7 RS 4...

DogDodger
Nov 19, 2006

Hellcat likes it rough.

SouthLAnd posted:

The thing I love about this is that the car had been wrecked 3 weeks earlier, and the NHTSA just ignored the huge 435lb Li-Ion battery in the middle of the car. Hell, even GM recommends that the battery be drained after a major collision to avoid fires. The only headline that should come from this story is "NHTSA Retarded: Wrecked cars can (still) catch fire".

http://www.green.autoblog.com/2011/11/11/chevy-volt-battery-catches-fire-in-nhtsa-lab/

Or "NHTSA Retarded for not Following Unwritten and Unreleased Safety Protocols."

DogDodger
Nov 19, 2006

Hellcat likes it rough.

davebo posted:

So what we have here is the Audi RS4 Avant. It features 444hp that peaks at 8250rpm, quattro AWD, 7-speed DSG. It will not be coming to America.

I'm not going to miss it. No stick, only 24 more hp than the 5-year old B7 RS 4? It does look nice, though.

Audi RS 4 Avant by Audi USA, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DogDodger
Nov 19, 2006

Hellcat likes it rough.
The new Ferraris have flatworm eyes.