Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
Doesn't seem like terrible value compared to a LandCruiser 70

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

Saukkis posted:

China has also made godawful cars, but they had the good sense not to bring them to west and ruin their reputation.

That isn't entirely true, Chery tried with various awful models in the early 2010s, and Australia/NZ got some extremely crappy GWM utes and SUVs.

Even more recently I'd consider the MG3 and the ICE versions of the ZS as pretty much garbage. Also MG has the hilariously bad idea of trying to sell the MG5 sedan in Australia (a model clearly never intended for export)

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I've been saying for a while, if you haven't driven a Hyundai N-Line you are seriously missing out - they are all incredibly good and actual drivers cars

You mean N? N-Line is mostly an appearance package.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

I thought the same thing but I just looked up the specs and it's actually not that big? It's kind of baffling. Compared to the Golf it's 4 inches wider, 4.5 inches taller and just over a foot longer.

Which makes it bigger than a Tiguan.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

His Divine Shadow posted:

You see a few of them and they're still about in Finland despite salt I see two of them about my town, I think old people are driving them. Preventative treatment does wonders. I was reminded about corollas in particular since I stumbled over an article about how just any 80s or early 90s car is now desirable car for car enthusiasts, with some younger looking guy standing over his mint condition Corolla with the yellow DRL lights.

In the very early 00s a bunch of my friends were into late 70s/early 80s Corollas - KE20s and KE30s mostly but any of the RWD models were considered cool.

Those early Corollas always seemed like very old cars even when they were only 20-something years old, whereas to my aged brain a 2002 Corolla still feels relatively modern today.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

quote:

Requiring the installation of analog AM radios in automobiles is an unnecessary action that would impact EV range, efficiency and affordability at a critical moment of accelerating adoption

Seriously?

I wonder how much more range my Ioniq or Leaf would have sans AM radio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

kill me now posted:

A lot of EV's have not had AM radio in them up until now. My 2016 Kia Soul EV did not have it, nor does my 2023 BMW iX.

My Leaf and Ioniq both have AM radios that appear to work fine.