Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

This is now officially my dream car and I will move hell and high water to purchase this if it ever comes out, an incredible looking car holy gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I gotta ask who the gently caress can even afford a hundred thousand dollar EV at all these days, especially for a hummer, we’ve now reached prices that open higher end sports cars at this point.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Franco Caution posted:

I'm convinced there is this whole hidden demographic behind the scenes that keeps to themselves but makes enough to buy poo poo like this.

It's the same reason every smaller manufacturer is trying to move upmarket. It's meant for the hidden people who are doing surprisingly well all things considered. Not rich, just rich to me and you.

Every single person I meet, or comment I read is "lol who the gently caress can afford this poo poo? It ain't for me or anyone I know."

I’m willing to bet it’s the same class of people like dentists who buy Porsches, none of us know who they are but they’re 80% of Porsches costumers

Like I’m thinking of saving up for my first EV (which will probably be something like an Ioniq 5 N) but then I read somewhere that it will cost over 60,000 dollars which makes it double the price of any other combustion performance hot hatch like the Kona N, just completely outside the affordable level for me.

So it looks like I will absolutely go for a combustion car for another five six years until electric finally becomes sane prices

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

LibCrusher posted:

Lmao at the payload capacity especially vs the Kona. Incredible.

Yeah it looks like the Kona N will be my next car for the next few years before switching to an electric, reviews seem good and it’s pretty affordable with some saving. Trying to get a test drive to make sure the suspension isn’t too stiff on normal settings before getting it, pretty excited for a hot hatch!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I feel like with certain brands (Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Shelby mustang, etc) if you buy the four door version you should just never be allowed to drive ever again, at that point you’ve given up on life and compromised your human dignity so much you have no business being considered human. Just get a normal car, hell for the same price you can get an amazing Mercedes’ S-class! don’t poo poo on the concept of a sports car like this.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jul 17, 2022

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Listen I don’t have much in life let me complain about cars I will never be able to afford lol

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Keyser_Soze posted:

Oh are you the guy on Reddit yelling "but you can't afford it!" at people making GBS threads on the horrible new BMW 7/X7 front ends?

No I agree the new bmw fronts are terrible

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

If guage clusters are going digital why not have fun with it?

I want a guage cluster that’s sonic the hedgehog running faster and faster and once you hit 100 kph he turns into super sonic and ‘sonic boom’ starts playing on the stereo.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

JohnCompany posted:

So long as if you have a crash it shows him loose all his rings.

Yeah also when it crashes the battery should use whatever battery it has left before it dies or explodes to play the drowning music lol

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

dissss posted:

That's why you should have an instrument cluster skin store. It could even pop up ads every time you switch the car on - just hit cancel a few times to see your speedometer.

E. Also for those of us that grew up with Japanese imports they should add the 100km/h chime back in. I remember sitting in the back of my father's 1984 Nissan Bluebird listening to that drat chime for hours at a time and I don't want my own children missing out.

I still wake up in cold sweats traumatized by that stupid blaring non stop tone our old family car would make if you dares went over 100 km/h.

Much like hell, it never ended!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

That new land cruiser looks pretty great, its more reasonable price wise than a bronco and has that nice boxy look but woth a better interor, i will definitely look into it as a possible next car.

For reference where i live the mid range bronco is $74,000 dollars, while toyota here are usually withing normal global MSRP. 55,000 for a great SUV is a good investment for the next 10 years especially since i wanna go do more biking and ourdoors stuff in the wintertime. Might also be a good future proof car if marriage happens soon.

One thing im wondering about is how driving that is gonna feel, i hope its good. Torque and horse power look great but hopefully handling is good.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Aug 3, 2023

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

boxen posted:

I've actually considered the Santa Cruz, I like the styling except for the grill but I'm not sure I trust Hyundai enough to buy one yet though. For something new that I might trade in a few years (vs owning for the next 10-15 years) that might not matter however.

Hyundai makes really good really reliable cars they are absolutely toyota-level reliability at this point, i wouldnt be concerned at all.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

The new land cruiser is getting great reviews, very excited to make this my next car when i can afford it

https://youtu.be/RDcOOoDqcto?si=LuS3vHo-AxlCMU22

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I would love to get an Elantra N, but a couple months ago i tried out a GTI and quite frankly the streets, roads, highways over here are not suitsble AT ALL for a sports tuned car, the streets are much too uneven, rough and bumpy to make it a livable daily driver. Also the municipality here loves LOVES speedbumps that havent been re-painted in a decade or two. Sadly im completely out of the right geographic market for sports tuned cars like the N lines, Gr-86's, GTI's etc.

Thats why im mostly interested in cars like the land cruiser, because you might as well have an big off roader with good ground clearance given the huge variance in road quality here.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Apr 20, 2024

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I've been hearing that the new toyota camry is a huge improvement over the the outgoing model. I might actually cancel the land cruiser because its too far outside my affordability range.

But the new Camry looks really tempting and well within affordable range, i hope its not too compromised-normie-boring choice of a daily driver.

I honestly would love to get a GR86, sadly thats far too compromised for a daily driver, especially since i want a car that will be practical for a while but god drat does it look sick as hell.

https://youtu.be/3kurrR9K8cc?si=v8wi83Fh2pzGYp6j

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Kraftwerk posted:

gently caress yeah. That Camry is amazing. I want one too.

Yeah haha im definitely getting the XSE sport trim ultra luxury trim package. The fact that im getting that good of a car for so low a price is crazy. All wheel drive, all the luxury bells and tech whistles, 40 mpg mileage, all for 35-40k?! Crazy!

Maybe im just a boring housewife type of person i dunno!

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Apr 21, 2024

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Dr. Lunchables posted:

Perhaps the GR Corolla would fit the bill? More powerful than a GR86, all the practicality of a hatchback. Plus it has adaptive cruise and all the modern tech you’d want. Hot hatches sound like they’d fit your needs perfectly.

Yeah i would love to try a GR corolla, sadly those are not sold here and if they are they will carry a massive premium, hot hatches in general are not sold here in good numbers and when they are they are massively overpriced. They do sell the Elantra N here so ill give it a try since its the same price range as the XSE.

To give you a picture as to how bad it is, For example, a golf GTI in the west is 31,000 usd msrp, over here its 48,000 usd, a golf R here costs 60,000 usd. its beyond insane.

Civic type R's are 56,000 dollars. Which is Lexus/Highest trim Toyota Crown territory.

The toyota crown majesta, the highest trim, costs 52,000 usd.

At those prices, not only are they extremely high for me, i could instead afford a land cruiser and would go for that instead. Because the premium trim land cruiser here is 62,000 usd.

The current highest ultra premium toyota camry here, the lumiere, costs 40,000 USD. Maximum. So its really hard for me to ignore that sort of bang for my buck.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Apr 22, 2024

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

grahm posted:

Elantra N is an incredible car for the $ but you have to decide where you fit along the line of good driving dynamics vs. comfort. It's a blast to drive but you can get a more comfortable, more luxurious car for the same money or less. And you have to decide if you're willing to deal with Hyundai for problems or maintenance.

Yeah i generally love hyundai cars and theyve given me good service and the maintenance has been good overall, but id be lying to myself if i said i can live with a pure sports tuned car in one of the most uneven and suspension-killing streets on earth.

If i was living in europe with those perfectly flat roads its a complete no brainer i would get the GR corolla or Golf R sight unseen. absolutely.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Kraftwerk posted:

I'm wondering what the value proposition of the new Camry will be when the Prius exists.

With the Prius you get a similar powertrain but a more practical hatch. What do you get with the Camry? Is it luxury at the higher trim levels? More performance?

Much bigger back seat area, better handling, more luxury and comfort at the higher trims and overall larger trunk. And the next gen has much better sound isolation.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Apr 23, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

GlassEye-Boy posted:

Denza (BYD JV with MB) is announcing a very hot 960 hp wagon though.

https://youtu.be/KueNkBVbYQQ?si=LRqHaLwqiBCgthwk

Incredible things are happening in china