Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl
The A4 Avant starts at $43k in Canada. For the exact same thing. And our dollar is stronger than the USD. Americans don't know how good they have it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl

Mordred posted:

I suspected that, but my point is that it's not free. You pay for it. With high taxes on both income and cars.

This is turning into a derail. I'll stop now.

The figure I quoted didn't include sales tax, which ranges from 13.5% to 15% on top of the sales price depending on the province.

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl

eames posted:

2012 1 series

:saddowns:

I swear they're now actively trying to make them as ugly as possible. Even Chris Bangle must think "drat, that's an ugly car". And that's the guy who thought it would be a good idea to screw up the kidney grille on the 3-series.

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl
Hopefully they'll carry over the VAG tradition of having the driver push the lever down to engage reverse. Otherwise I can see things going wrong pretty drat quick.

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl
I swear, eventually MB will come up with a bespoke model for every single individual who buys a Mercedes.

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl
True, but their vehicle range seems to encompass everything but the kitchen sink.

Coming up next week: MB announces a range of kitchen sinks.

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl
Is it just me or do C-class coupes always seem to have ridiculously small rear wheels? The sedan doesn't have that problem.

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl

JackRabbitStorm posted:

Just saw a commercial for the new Scion TC, and its pretty loving hideous.

It looks like they designed a shorter car but then decided at the last minute that it had to be longer. Also what's up with the fake Hoffman kink? I've seen it on at least one other non-BMW car...

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl
Oops, you are correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl
You buy a minivan when your life is no longer about you.