Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Garth Fader
Oct 8, 2008
I'm Very Stupid
gather ye round, and listen to my stupid

PS: This is me fellating capitalism:
:a2m:
So has anyone heard anything good about Land Rover (and Range Rovers specifically) in terms of reliability?

I really love the loving things, but i can't justify spending that kind of money on something that's gonna be in and out of the shop regularly. Somehow i'm hoping the recent sale of the company will do something to improve reliability, but it might just be a pipe dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garth Fader
Oct 8, 2008
I'm Very Stupid

Naky posted:

Land Rover's been sitting at the bottom of JD Power's reliability ratings for years and by bottom I mean in the negative HUNDREDS. You don't buy a Land Rover for anything but dick waving in the SUV owner's worlds, except the joke's really on you and you just haven't accepted it yet.

What if I just really like the styling and the offroad capabilities?
:( Come on Land Rover, you can do it, get your poo poo together!

Garth Fader
Oct 8, 2008
I'm Very Stupid

The Land Rover Range Rover Evoque:

Click here for the full 1600x1067 image.

I really really like the way this one is looking, and if range rover can do anything about their abysmal reliability issues, then i can definitely see myself picking up one of these as a second or third car in the near future after it's gone through a trial by fire in the streets.

Garth Fader fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jul 3, 2010

Garth Fader
Oct 8, 2008
I'm Very Stupid

Helmet Jap posted:

It kinda looks like a fat Taurus. For a Super Luxo SUV, thats a bad thing.

Click here for the full 1600x1067 image.

Click here for the full 800x567 image.

Yeah, they're identical twins alright.

Garth Fader
Oct 8, 2008
I'm Very Stupid

MikeyTsi posted:

Really, you couldn't find a picture of an ACTUAL Taurus?

Click here for the full 1134x791 image.

My bad, i don't really keep up with domestics at all, but still they barely have anything in similar. Maybe if you squint at the thumbnail, but even then it's a stretch.

Garth Fader
Oct 8, 2008
I'm Very Stupid

Linedance posted:

I saw one of these on the motorway the other day, just in passing, but I noticed it enough to notice it was pretty loving ugly.

Click here for the full 1280x957 image.

:psyduck:

Sometimes it feels like i'm loving crazy, is this really considered ugly?!

Garth Fader
Oct 8, 2008
I'm Very Stupid

A5H posted:

The back is. It looks weird as hell in real life.

I dunno, i think it looks really unique and sexy. It's a nice departure from what most companies do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garth Fader
Oct 8, 2008
I'm Very Stupid

Totally personal preference, but i made a slight modification that I think makes it look a bit nicer. I just can't stand those weird kinks in the roofline of cars.