Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pienipple
Mar 20, 2009

That's wrong!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Back to the TC, according to Autoblog they just got approved for cab use in Boston. loving awesome.

There's a special livery package Transit Connect available through ford fleet. I haven't ridden in any yet but they'd be good for NYC, you almost never get over 40 mph in mid town and it'd have more room for passengers + their poo poo than the Escape taxis. I hate Escape taxis, after they put all the taxi poo poo in the back seat is so dinky and not very comfortable.

Everytime I take a cab I mourn the death of the Crown Vic just little bit. Sure it guzzled gas like a wino at an open bar and was basically 1970s tech, but it had the best back seat to ride in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pienipple
Mar 20, 2009

That's wrong!

Kill-9 posted:

P.S. One of those articles introduced me to a new phrase: 'Soft-Roaders' WTF?

Exactly what it sounds like, AWD or 4x4 vehicles that are only good for light off-roading. They can handle a bit of soft sand and mild trails, but you wouldn't take them mudding or rock climbing. Unfortunately they're mostly used as minivan replacements that never see a fleck of mud in their lives, then when it snows the owners call in all pissed because they don't know how to work the 4x4 and the hubs are all seized from never being used.

pienipple
Mar 20, 2009

That's wrong!
All I can think of is hooning the poo poo out of it all over a muddy field with the top down, preferably with it belonging to someone else.

pienipple
Mar 20, 2009

That's wrong!

Cream_Filling posted:

Yeah I mean to be fair the rest of the car isn't that bad. In particular, they do a decent job of making the sedan version look like a real sedan, as opposed to the often odd stuff they do to these other subcompacts to mash together hatch body panels into a sedan (see: the Ford Fiesta sedan).

Yeah I don't know what is up with those Fiesta sedans, they're so pointless. The razor grill they put on them is tremendously fugly too. The back looks kinda ok but when you open the trunk the lid is so tiny it's comical.

2 and 4 door hatch options would've made a lot more sense.