Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

smooth jazz posted:

It's fine. No one will say 'nice BMW'.

No one will say that to your actual BMW anymore either, not with their new stupid mega-sniff nostril grille :colbert:

Pretty much agree with mostly everyone else: looks great from all angles except directly head-on. I've seen a few renders where they black out the bottom part of the grille/bumper, the body-color part, and that also makes it look a lot better. I'm actually really surprised at how much I like it. Hopefully the real one doesn't look far off :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Yea that makes it look more like the 350Z which I think looks really good still.

I wonder how it'd look with a license plate in front of it, actually...

Also I haven't seen anyone say it, but I'm so glad they dropped the weird aluminum door handles from the 350/70

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Q60 has 300HP unless you get the $57K Red Sport which has 400HP

I find it really hard to believe it'll come with 300 HP / 400HP for the Nismo like a lot of people are speculating. Like yes the Q60 replaced the G37, so they did put out a new car with less power, but I think that's a little more acceptable in the Luxury segment whereas if the Z is supposed to be the actual sports car then putting it out with less power than the 370Z seems like a mistake

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I wonder if 370Z values will tank when the new one comes out, I would be tempted to drive one if the price was right.

I'm sure older models probably will, but I think there will be some slight demand for them just because they've got a bigger NA motor.

I'm wondering if clean, low mileage 2015+ Nismo 6MT will be a bit of a collector's car in a few decades. While there are lots of 370Z's out there, there are very few Nismo with a stick.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Different form factors and all that jazz, but I'd take a QX80 over something like an X6 :v:

also is that even a stereotype?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

KakerMix posted:

Boy I don't like this at all lordy. This might be worse than the grill for me.

The exposed carbon seats look super cool, but the blue-and-yellow is pretty drat ugly. And I have the bright orange recaros in my Fiesta...

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Bandire posted:

How did this thread react to the new GT500?

I only just joined this thread last week, but personally I've been a huge fan of everything they've done with the sixth gen Mustang across the board, at least in terms of looks.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Bandire posted:

I had no idea people actually missed station wagons and minivans until this thread.

We're a vocal minority on the internet :v:

I've been lusting after used S4 Avantes on CarsAndBids lately. My Fiesta ST is fun but I want something a little nicer, and longer.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

There's a traffic light at both on-ramps when I'm going to work & coming home, and it's almost always red for me. If I'm lucky I'll get to it with no one in front of me :v:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Virgil Vox posted:

Absolutely true too. Maybe these sedans and suvs have power so non car people can merge safely without having to even approach redline, cause when needle at top it’s scary.

"You're hurting it!" - my mom if I rev past 3K

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

It's been years since I've driven through this intersection in Worcester, MA but acceleration helps in this traffic light-free intersection:

Maybe they've installed lights since I was a youngin', but it was hell and a source of tons of accidents.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

ughhh Doug's RS6 review is up today. I need this thing in my life :( Looks so good in red...

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

skipdogg posted:

It's the car that everyone on the jalopnik comment section wishes they had in the US and would totally buy it, and now is their chance to buy it. I bet they sell less than 100 in the US and don't bring it back for the 2022 MY.

Yeaaa that's the problem with $130K cars lol.

I'm just salty there's literally not a single Fun Wagon at a reasonable price (< $45K) in this whole country.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

VW has the Golf R which is hardly any bigger than my Fiesta. They had the Golf Sport wagon but there was nothing sporty about it

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

You'd think so yet there's plenty of people driving big performance SUVs that cost well into the "Could just have 2 cars instead" territory.

I don't really see how wagons are any different. They're just not a popular form factor in the States.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Throatwarbler posted:

So did you buy a Buick Regal sportwagon or what

I tested a Focus RS and Golf Alltrack (new) at the beginning of the year, Regal TourX was next on my list but then Covid happened.

Also the Regal did have a sport trim but only for the sedan IIRC

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Is my molten orange FiST not obvious enough? ;)

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I'd love an EV commuter and an ICE weekend toy, but I rent don't have access to a charging station. Or a garage, for that matter, so 1 of the cars would have to park on the street - and given that my driveway is a steep incline it probably wouldn't be sports car friendly.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Yea, I mostly like Tesla but I'll believe the 25K Tesla when I see it. He always always always overpromises and under-delivers. How long did it take to actually start producing $35K model 3's once that car even came out? At first it was nothing but the higher-profit more expensive trims.

Like sure, eventually the $25K car will come out. But it won't be on Elon's currently stated timeline.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I forgot the Clubman exists, tbh. All I ever see are Countrymen. I couldn't find any Sportwagens, just Alltracks which was way too soft for my taste. Did not like the clutch at all.

e; gently caress I like this green + brown combo on the Clubman. Too bad the interior gauge situation is just :psyduck: to me

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Is that the turbo-supercharged-hybrid? That thing is so cool haha. Like I'd never want to own that outside of warranty, but I love that it exists.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

If you’re spending that kind of money you might as well get an E450 except the new one has stupid cladding and looks dumb

The Volvo looks way better IMO. And the Merc is ~$10K more expensive after you add some options, whereas the V60 has virtually no options to add. Although I guess if you're spending that much on a car you can probably swing another $10 without too much concern.

I just like weird "experimental" / unconvential things like the Juke or the Veloster or the Volvo powertrain. Either wagon seems like a good choice honestly.

I guess the MB will probably hold its value much better, though? :shrug:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Having gone from a 350Z to a Fiesta ST, I don't miss RWD one bit. Not even at autocross.

The only things I miss are the exhaust and having something that actually looks good.

The practicality is perfect for me as a city dweller. It could park it anywhere when I still had street parking. I can transport my dogs and a week's worth of clothes when I take a vacation. I have fit 3 people and a crash pad in there for bouldering, and one of them was even 6-foot-something. I think the slightly sloped roof would make it impossible to fit 2 pads though, which is largely why I want a slightly bigger car. Also as a human I project onto my dogs that they want slightly more room in the back even though they're honestly fine 🙃 I bet they'd appreciate a smoother ride / smoother shifts in an automatic though. I feel bad when they fly around if I don't get my shifts perfect lol

e; I did a track day at Watkins Glen with my Z, and while I didn't enjoy it for a variety of reasons, I will say this though: the low-powered FiST makes not even want to track it which I do view as a downside. Maybe I'd have more fun at Toronto Motorpark where it's a smaller / slower / less intimidating course, but the US-CAN border is never gonna re-open :/

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Oct 2, 2020

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

https://www.gr86.org/threads/2022-subaru-brz-release-date-leaked-image.130/

Some more leaks of the next gen Toyobaru, supposedly going to see a massive +12 HP gains :cool: +21lb/ft is actually pretty decent, though.

Hard to have an opinion on the looks with such lovely quality images, but I really like the current generation; particularly the front fenders which kind of remind me of ye olde C3.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

CTR doesn't have heated seats? drat. Veloster N doesn't, either - at least not in the US. That's a deal breaker for me in any car.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Move to the north east :v:

I've had my butt warmers on driving to work most of this month just because it's cozy.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

prom candy posted:

drat I could've sworn they did. My Si has them. Type R doesn't make a lot of sense in this climate in general, the pothole situation here is pretty bad. If I had that kind of money to spend on a hot hatch I'd definitely go Golf R. You get AWD and a way better interior.

They seem like 2 similar but very different cars. Golf R strikes me as Practicality First with its "plush" interior and AWD and a more boxy shape that maximizes cargo room. CTR is just pure Gotta Go Fast, setting a whole bunch of FWD track records.

Kraftwerk posted:

I’m having some doubts about whether AWD really matters much over FWD when you factor in good winter tires.
I used to be obsessed with AWD, I’d even fuss over minutiae like how some cars are fake AWD and are really just FWD biased with a clutch that kicks in the rear wheels about as frequently as Hailey’s comet visits Earth.

Reality is I think FWD is plenty enough for the snow. Especially if you’re a little more front heavy like a V6 Camry.
Where I see AWD mattering is some intense track applications.

I do agree that Winter Tires > AWD. But I - and many others, I suspect - simply like the "idea" of AWD more. It's "more like a rally car" that way. I know I absolutely don't need it, but there's just something satisfying about knowing it's there, y'know?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Dumb question, and it probably varies from car to car, but can you turn on both the heated and cooled seats at the same time typically? Like in Futurama

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I thought they were one of the few that were going to double down on ICE, what with their Skyactiv-X tech supposedly being extremely thermally efficient and all

Not necessarily flat-out ignore EVs, but yea I thought they were very much "ICE really isn't going anywhere anytime soon"

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

If I look at it while also scrolling, and having had that idea planted in my head I can kinda see it.

But I definitely don't think I would have gotten there on my own

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Literally everything I wish my FiST was =[

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Yea we need more green, orange, and purple cars.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Painting your crappy cars gently caress Ugly Green and then going, "See nobody buys green" is the same as relegating the manual transmission to the weaker engine option / trim packages and going, "see nobody wants a stick"

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Have any of you guys seen a Black Forest Green G70 in person? All the photos I can find it hardly looks green at all.

But yea gimme a green G70 with a brown interior as a wagon and I'd 100% happy. And maybe black out all the chrome. I hate chrome so much, you guys.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

A local wrap shop posted this recently too, I love it. I've been thinking about doing my FiST in a similar scheme and either gold or bronze wheels, but I'm having a really hard time justifying spending $3K in cosmetic mods on a car worth like $8K, particularly when I still have $25K in student debt :negative:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Dark green like that Black Forest Green I mentioned on the Genesis is dumb, but that green Mini is hot, fight me.

I don't know what to tell you about bar graphs. If you look at the first column, 1990, nearly 20% of cars sold were black. 10% grey, maybe 7% silver and so on...

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

That Phytonic Blue they offer the M550 in looks pretty sweet. Aventurin Red also looks really nice, but I'm weird and feel like the body color needs to batch BMW's blue badge, and in this case the calipers too :(

Either way, nice car :) Can't wait until I'm not throwing $9K/yr out the window in student loans lol

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I actually love this, way cooler than that ugly metallic green on the Fords.

And yea, Grabber Blue / Nitrous Blue (was that the RS color?) is hot as gently caress too.

I can't find the source thread, but someone on reddit had the Liquid Blue Fiesta ST that Ford actually used as a promo color alongside the GT, Raptor, and whatever else at that time. Thought this color was very very cool.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

That Hakone 86 is so niceeee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I wanted one until I saw it in person on a GTI and did not much care for the color at all^