Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KlementGottwald
Dec 24, 2009

by angerbot

2ndclasscitizen posted:

Not rebadging, more VW parts bin specials (that are often as well, if not higher rated than their VW counterparts). But the point is, the Skoda brand was rubbish as they just used to make horrid, cheap and nasty crapboxes. But by just making good cars sold at really good prices compared to their competitors they've shed that image.

Much like Hyundai.

In defense of the old Skoda's, you have to take into account what the were working with. The Estelle was at least somewhat reliable(and also like a mini Porsche). Worlds better than anything else that came out of the eastern-bloc.

Hyundai's older products were not too bad, relatively speaking. The Pony and Stellar were better than the awful Excel and First-Gen Sonata.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KlementGottwald
Dec 24, 2009

by angerbot

Throatwarbler posted:

Maybe the Audi ones are broken because they are Audis.

This.

My Parents have a 2009 Audi A4. So far it's needed a camshaft postion sensor, the door lock switch came off it my hand, and the MMI is starting to cut out at random intervals.

Run away from these cars out of warranty.

KlementGottwald
Dec 24, 2009

by angerbot

Dr JonboyG posted:

Don't know how I feel about that. Porsche doesn't really have any business in F1. They've tried it a couple of times in the past but it's not in the firm's DNA the way sportscar racing is. Audi would be a much better fit, but since Audi are pinning everything on TDi they won't leave prototypes and that means Porsche can't enter.

What?

Porsche was in F1 for 4 years[83-87](The 1991 Footwork Literally never existed, we shall not speak of that..that...thing) and took two constructors championships, 3 driver titles, and managed to win 25 races. I think they should be in the sport.

KlementGottwald
Dec 24, 2009

by angerbot

Throatwarbler posted:

The retro styled cars like Mustang/Camaro will be just fine, since they appeal to both young performance fans and older nostalgics. There are enough :corsair: frozenphils around to keep up Mustang demand for another decade, while the potential Scion buyer has moved back in with his parents and can barely feed himself. Demographics alone will spell the doom of the Hyundai Genesis and this new Toyota.

the Genesis sucks because KOREA,