Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

harperdc posted:

I’m still convinced the King Ranch/fancy pickup truck stuff is because what general Americans want is a big leather couch with a lazy V8, and the OEMs can’t make land barge coupes or sedans anymore due to the crash/fuel efficiency rules. Pickups and SUVs having a loophole from the U.S. government is just allowing that.

I'm sure you can still make a car that feels like an old Caprice or Roadmaster if you really wanted. But that would cost more money to develop rather than making oversized trucks and pretending they are "commercial vehicles" to evade emission and safety regulations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

The S-class convertible is sort of spiritually a land yacht, although not as large as an old Buick or whatever.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

KillHour posted:

Genesis is apparently doing their own AMG/M thing and calling it "Magma"

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a60301240/genesis-magma-performance-gv60-concept/

I don't love that they're starting with the crossover and that the G80 sedan is going to be middle east only, but at least the color is cool.

Genesis Ligma

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

You see the name has IQ in it because it is smart.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

Average "Car enthusiast" can definitely afford a 100k car yup, you nailed it

Obviously they aren't enthusiastic enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I kinda like this?!

I got in a few of the Exeed range recently and the interiors are really nice quality and the cars are mad cheap considering the quality. You were talking £20k for a base SUV thing with a 7 year warranty... Top model was only £30k and they were very definitely gunning for Range Rover's market but at like half the price.

https://twitter.com/GregKable/status/1780481616978001968?t=ycAHZhIwr1JLJIF4H7-ZGw&s=19

That's ugly as poo poo