Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Any new word on the 6 getting a diesel in the US?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Drum brakes on passenger cars are an abomination in tyool 2014.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I sat in an RC not too long ago. What fantastic seats.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Maybe it's a regional thing? I see Maseratis pretty frequently around Chicago.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

GM did give us the J-body.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Savage Geese is another lovely YouTuber. Never have I watched a more obnoxious person.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

KakerMix posted:

Since when is a crossover a wagon?

When you install lowering springs.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

RIP Gen2 Eclipse and 3000GT.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

As an 86 Hakone Edition owner, yeah, it rules.

p.s. gently caress savage "get back in the kitchen" geese

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Wheeee posted:

oh that's not good, i've always liked his reviews but have also always had the feeling that he's a libertarian techbro dipshit with some really hosed up opinions just waiting to burst out

Watch his video on the Vortech supercharger he put in his BRZ.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Which one? There seems to be a dozen of them.

It was this one. He reshot the introduction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se5LVsiTfvo

During the first edit of the burger skit, he told his partner to "get back in the kitchen."

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

He realised it was problematic and edited out..?

It's more he ever thought it was a good idea to begin with. That and when he crushed his control arms installing Ohlins coil overs because he didn't read the instructions were enough for me.

In the spirit of moving on, I think we can indeed all agree that the 2021 S Class is uggo.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

KakerMix posted:

But think of that interior after 15 years

:itwaspoo:

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Mazda also make some fantastic blues.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Rich people have awful taste.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

volkswagen brand loses money in the US market and is propped up by Audi and the rest of the world. Independent Japanese Volkswagen is a recipe for failure.

I just looked at VW's website and they have absolutely nothing exciting to me (I'm not into the Golf or hatchbacks in general because I have terrible childhood memories in the back of a hoopty-rear end Plymouth Horizon). And at first glance, I don't understand why the Arteon exists for the USDM since it starts less than $2000 away from a starting A4. I can see that the Arteon is basically a rebadged A5, but I'm still not getting it.

VW claiming to go full electric in five (10?) years will be interesting to see.

e: If anyone ever gets to visit Hiroshima, the Mazda factory and museum tour is a must-do.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Twerk from Home posted:

The Atlas seems to sell pretty drat fast, and Golfs are fine cars.

I forgot about SUVs and I've sat in a Golf and they are great cars--just can't do hatchbacks myself. Haven't seen too many Atlii around me, though most new vehicles I see are pickups or aforementioned Rogues and CR-Vs.

There is a Kia dealer in my town, so there are quite a few Souls around.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

My wife would adore a hybrid Challenger.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

On sub-compacts, I just want to say that the Versa Note is the most depressing car I've ever driven.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

The Focus was a good car, but not terribly inspiring until the hot versions came along (USDM). Chevy had to redeem themselves for the J-Body and that was never going to happen.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

:allears: What a beautiful highway cruiser.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

PDK is magical.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I got my 86 for under $30k like a month ago. Costco price, though.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Twerk from Home posted:

It's a shame about wages not keeping up with inflation. Middle class families used to be able to afford to regularly buy new malaise-era bullshit that would rust and self destruct in 4 years.

Why do that when the customer can be financed for close to a decade?

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Midjack posted:

Fun Acura died when they axed all their stuff like the RSX and TSX sport wagon and they decided to move fully into the Lexus/Infiniti space.

The RSX ruled. The ILX sucks and is nothing but a tarted up Civic.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

dissss posted:

Isn't that exactly what the RSX was too?

It looked better doing it imo.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

The Oldest Man posted:

It's probably because the majority of Buicks are this totally forgettable suppository:

That's about half of all Buicks sold in the last couple of years.

My mom absolutely wanted a domestic CUV as her next car. I told her to go full grandma and get an Encore but she got a Trax instead.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

That's a nice butt.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

All I ask from Nissan is Android/Carplay in the 370Z.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Long ago, I could've gotten my aunt and uncle's old 300ZX TT but an automatic and I was a manual elitist. :(

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

90s Solo Cup posted:

A motorized boomer barstool. Spiritual companion to the Hoveround.

Beautiful

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

:stwoon:

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Buck toothed Bimmer

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Well at least with Lexus you get a car that's reliable after the warranty is over

:hmmyes:

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I'll go out and say that I think the Lexus RC is a pretty car.

I borrowed a 90's LS once and it was absolutely luxurious.
vvvvvvv

Full Collapse fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jun 1, 2020

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

At least it can come in green. :shobon:

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Infinotize posted:

On the other side I really don't get the preoccupation with not running a front plate because it looks 0.0001% cleaner or why you would give cops any standing justification to hassle you. Just make it required in all 50 states and be done with it.

I purposely got a front plate bracket drilled into my bumper instead of a tow hook mount specifically to troll people.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Relevant to new car discussion: GM will charge you up to $40 for a front license plate bracket on a factory fresh vehicle.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

If by all, you mean all car companies, my factory fresh Toyota came with a front plate bracket and it wasn't a line item. It just seems like a lovely thing to do to charge your customers who need one because law requires.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Is the belt line really as low on the new Supra as on the old?

I saw a Mk4 next to a new Supra at a dealership and they're pretty close. The new Supra swoops up a bit more on the sides, iirc.

e:f,b