Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

obeyasia posted:

RE: Focus RS
The interior shot, the center cluster screen looks like a face screaming at me.

Someone please post about the new Mazda concept:
http://www.google.com/m/url?client=...0epiGKfkg5LyUFw

I'm on my stupid phone so I can't craft a nicer post with pics.

Will do, here is a pic of the Shinari concept, showing off Mazda's new Kodo design language and scaling down that infamous grin (though I'm honestly not that bothered by it). I think it's gorgeous, though it looks an awful lot like the Fisker Karma.

root beer fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Aug 30, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Well, yeah, the front ends of each car are worlds apart (and your comparisons are pretty apt, by the way), but I was referring more to the overall shape of the Shinari itself. I hope this is made into a production car and not much is changed (though I agree on the sharp angles bit), as this is one of the few concepts I actually like. Maybe it can be a successor to the 929/Millenia, and be sold as the Mazda9?

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

PeterWeller posted:

Here are some good pics:

http://www.jdpower.com/autos/car-photos/Chevrolet/Spark/2012/

but this one looks like some aftermarket bit from a catalog;

It looks like a ten-year-old Aiwa car stereo headunit.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

To revive some of the JukeChat that's been going on: Nissan is stuffing the 520HP 3.8L V6 from the GT-R into a one-off concept, the Juke-R.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I just hope that Mazda can keep the driving dynamics in the 2 with the increased fuel economy, because everything I've read about it is that it's just fun as hell to drive, akin to a 4th generation Civic Si.

Remember JukeChat all those pages ago? And the Juke-R? Well, it turns out that top execs at Nissan Japan were a little pissed about the R being developed behind their backs. But come on, man, how could anyone be upset about a Juke with the engine of a loving GT-R?

Come on, admit it, this thing is rad.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

mobby_6kl posted:

I'm not fully onboard with MazDodge; you don't just connect two first haves, see Toyo|baru for example. I think Dodzda or Doda for short would be much better.

Madge?

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Not to mention those terrible aluminum pinstripes on the bed too. Ugh. Oh, and I learned today that the Mark LT is still in production.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

KozmoNaut posted:

...the Mazda 2 and 3 are among some of the best-handling cars you can get for reasonable money.

Definitely. I got a 3 after my '99 Civic Si was stolen. Honestly, I don't miss the Civic now, I love the 3 that much. I've read that the 2's handling is like throwing a 4th generation Civic Si around, if that's true, I'd consider it my next car.

It might be in the same class as the Civic and the Corolla, but the 3 is heaps more fun to drive and (in my opinion) quite a bit more refined. Speaking of which, anyone know how well the 3s with the SKYACTIV holds up to the ones with the 2.3/2.5L engines? I know they won't have as much pickup, but are they still fun?

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Mazda has been throwing out teasers of the 2014 6 for the last week or so, and some less obfuscating shots have come out today. I really wish they'd bring the wagon back to the States, it would be on my list when the time comes for a new car.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

The 3 still has the 2.5L on their higher-end models, right, or is Mazda planning to phase them out with the next generation? If not, I don't see why there'd only be the one engine available for the 6. I hope, anyway.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Time to drag this thread back to the surface... the new Mazda6 will make its debut in Moscow.

Goddamn this is a good-looking car, and I really hope we get the wagon here in the US.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Dwight Eisenhower posted:

Did I miss the memo where non-luxury marques received permission to make gorgeous loving wagons? If there's a Mazdaspeed 6 wagon I'll snatch it up in a heartbeat.

Seriously, both of those look better than the BMW F31 wagon coming out for 2014. I've already said way too much about what I think of the 6, but that Mondeo/Fusion is pretty hot too. I just hope that both are brought here and maybe people will start to remember why wagons are so great in the first place :allears: Hatchbacks are making a comeback, so it's not too crazy a notion, is it?

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

While it's not a wagon, here's another thing that pisses me off that it won't make it here, the Volvo V40:

It's also one of the safest cars ever tested by the European counterpart to the NHTSA.

root beer fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Sep 8, 2012

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Left Ventricle posted:

It's on the same platform as the Focus, so in a sense, we already have that car.

Q_res posted:

It's the same chassis as the last-gen European Focus, C1 as opposed to the new Focus' Global C platform. So, if you want that car in the US the Mazda 3 hatch is your answer.

Oh, my mistake, I thought for some reason that the platform was a new one since Volvo is no longer owned by Ford, but didn't realize they were still able to use it. Oh well.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Devyl posted:

You haven't even seen the suit yet:

I don't know if I should be excited or upset. I'm used to Robocop being silver.

I didn't know Batman was a Daft Punk fan t:mad:

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Your description is exactly what the new RoboCop should look like. The whole movie is going to miss the point by a country mile, which is sad because if done right, a new RoboCop would be timely and just so very relevant.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Rhyno posted:

So a few news sites are pointing out that in addition to GM renewing the trademarks on the T-Type, Grand National and the GNX, they have also renewed the El Camino.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Nomad, too.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I know I'm in the minority when I say I don't care either way about the C7's rear end, but good god is that vent by the front wheel arch just ghastly. Made even worse when paired with those wheels.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Throatwarbler posted:

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/02/01/2014-mazda6-i-sport-quick-spin-review/

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2013/02/capsule-review-2014-mazda6/

The first driving impressions for the new Mazda 6 are out. Am I the only one who is much more excited about this than the new Fusion? I seriously think it's the best looking midsize sedan out there right now by a long shot, and unlike the Fusion it looks like it will actually drive like it looks too.

Edit: Whoa, the diesel is a sequential twin turbo? For a US market midsize family sedan that sure is A Thing.

No, you are certainly not the only one. I've been amped about it since the car was first revealed in its forbidden wagon form. I'm just disappointed that only the deadbeat-spec model has a manual as an option. I thought Mazda would know better about their clientèle in that regard but oh well.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

what about like... acura. or camry

Camry is the romanization of kanmuri, making it yet another goddamn Toyota called some variant of Crown (Crown, Corona, Corolla).

[edit] ninja’d

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

boys it literally is exactly the same, Chery is a romanization of their name.

edit: i suspect a bunch of you would be sitting around saying some pretty dreadful poo poo about the Japanese brands when they came to the US

I don’t actually have an issue with Chinese cars coming here nor do I care what the automakers are called, I was only noting that Toyota isn’t very imaginative when it comes to naming their cars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

Audi Allsmoothpavement
Audi Someroads
Audi Moststreets
Audi Selectsurfaces
Audi Thatstreetisokbutwatchthepotholesespeciallythebigones

Ahh, the German language