Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

salt the fries!
Dec 24, 2005
Hey have I mentioned yet that my license plate is "TOA5TER"? See, it's kyoot because it's a boxy car! ^_^

oRenj9 posted:

That's actually a really good question that I didn't think too much about. So I decided to look into it.

A short range Telsa Model S battery is 42kW/h (the approximate average electricity usage per day in the U.S. is about 50kW/h per day). So, a gas station that supplies 4,000 customers per day is going to require ~1.7 MW/h per day. I'm not sure what is typical for a gas station, but I think that 4,000 seems pretty close to the median number.

I would say you are far too high with the 4000 estimate, but I don't know what an electric charging station could realistically provide...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

salt the fries!
Dec 24, 2005
Hey have I mentioned yet that my license plate is "TOA5TER"? See, it's kyoot because it's a boxy car! ^_^

ynotony posted:

BMW Zagato Coupe:

They only made one with no plans of putting it into production because they hate money.

Trap Star posted:

Can somebody photoshop the top off of this? I think it could look pretty drat good

Excuse the rough job, but I think you get the picture. Imagine there are seats and a not messed-up spoiler.

It reminds me of a weird mix of an S2000 and a Tesla for about the rear third or so, but otherwise I don't think it looks bad at all.

salt the fries!
Dec 24, 2005

euphronius posted:

My little local Kia dealer is fine. Maybe I’m just lucky

A relative bought an Ioniq5 last year. Should have been a straightforward process, the car they wanted was on the lot and they knew they wanted to buy it. There was some pain during the purchase process because nobody knew what was going on (every salesperson but one had been there for under 30 days, and nobody knew a single thing about EVs). The salesperson told them it would charge from 0-100% in 30 minutes by plugging into a normal outlet at their house.

A week and a half after buying it they tried to call the dealership to ask how to activate the free charging subscription. They couldn't get through on the phone after two days of trying, so they went in. There was no receptionist or anyone to answer the phone, and they realized they had left the phone forwarding to voicemail for the weekend. It was a Tuesday afternoon....

In that week, five employees had quit or been fired, and every single employee working was different from the day they bought the car, including the people in the offices. They said that was "pretty normal." Just a wild experience.