Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
That apps kinda cool if everyone has iphones otherwise it seems a bit lost. A laptop app might be nice, more people have those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Mikan posted:

Blegh, the networking thing is really the only part I'm interested in.

Yeah that seems to be the only real use over just using your laptop or...pen and paper.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Shut up happy elf once wizards comes back from the store you'll see!

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

mixitwithblop posted:

Maybe not. That's not a wizard, but an oracle. New divine class.

Didn't see this coming did he?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Swags posted:

This is a 3.5 question. I'm posting it here because this is the closest thing to a 3.5 thread.

I'm going to make a Dragonfire Adept (from Dragon Magic) for an ongoing campaign in case my current character dies. I'd like to do it with Vow of Poverty (Book of Exalted Deeds), and add the Saint template (also from BoED).

Now, I'd like to take Vow of Nonviolence and Vow of Peace, which state you can't hurt anyone ever if they're alive (undead and constructs don't count). If they try to attack you, they have to make a Fort save or their weapon just shatters, and they also have to make a Will save or be affected by Calm Emotions (and thus, unable to attack).

Problem with this is that Saint has a special ability. Whenever an evil creature hits you with a natural attack, they take 1d6 damage from holy bleedoff.

My question is whether or not this would qualify as breaking my Vow of Nonviolence/Peace since I didn't intentionally wound them.

Another question is if there are any Exalted feats anywhere besides the BoED and the Player's Guide to Faerun, because I can't find any and the options are lacking, really. Especially with a bonus feat every other level for Vow of Poverty.

No. NO. Do NOT use vow of peace for the love of God. Unless your entire party is willing to go pacifist youre going to be a huge toolbox by forcing a will save on your allies to keep on fighting. If you use this youre being selfish.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

How is "well if you design the encounter specifically around loving up the wizard" good game design anyway? Anything you do to the wizard can be done to the fighter at 10 times the impact. Fighter you can just strong arm to death but wizard you have to think "smart"? That doesnt strike you as a balance issue?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Unprepared casters? Really? I mean at low levels yeah dispatching a wizard is pretty easy with their d4 hit die and 2 spells a day but after a certain point they just arent going to run out of spells man (Hint this is around level 5)

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

That's the same stuff that's been in every dnd DMG since forever. Woo exciting.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

happyelf posted:

i love how action packed all the pathfinder art is, there's always people leaping around, doing lots of cool manuvers and stuff, and also a particularly large amount of forced movement

lol.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Piell posted:

Don't summon things, it's not really worth it most of the time. Get all the save or suck spells like grease and glitterdust and stinking cloud and all that poo poo, it's what wins fights.

Didn't you read he doesn't care about being optimum!

*picks most optimum school*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Sole.Sushi posted:

Oooh, okay. I was unaware of that one.
Also, what's this about rolling for arcana at libraries to get spells?

You have to be careful with that because any decent spellcaster is going to get high arcana.