Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I came into this thread to see what was crackin' with Pathfinder, only to see some chump is actually trying to defend Wizards.

Dear chump,

Wizards are mechanically broken in 3e and any of it's derivations. That's all there is to it and you basically look like an idiot trying to deny this. Any moderate level or higher Wizard player can gently caress up a game incredibly badly, and with a minimal amount of effort. This isn't up for debate anymore, people have had years to see this happen. If you're the special snowflake who has managed to dodge these issues: good for you. Now shut up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

gtrmp posted:

and [EVE Online] remains in development limbo thanks to unrelated issues involving gross mismanagement that all but crippled the publisher via managerial arrogance.

I maintain that the management of EVE Online was infected by the toxic environment of the MMO that they were hired to manage. They started treating the players like the players treated each other.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

FORTRANsvestite posted:

What do you have against monks now?

I hope you know you're coming across as someone who basically plays Pathfinder in a fog of ignorance; you need to spend some time hitting the boards and seeing how hilariously (mechanically) broken Pathfinder is, rather than having the experts spoon-feed you everything.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

FORTRANsvestite posted:

Sorry but I start to vomit when people start talking about level 20 barbarians with lances and greater mounted fury or whatever making spirited charge pounce attacks from the back of a raging tiger who is also pouncing.

Your defense for your limited Pathfinder knowledge is that you find discussions of rules exploitation boring? Then you should probably gracefully concede that you don't know poo poo about how bad Pathfinder is, and bow out at this point. Let the people who know what they are actually talking about have a discussion while you go sit at the kid's table.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

FORTRANsvestite posted:

Just letting you know that not everyone plays in groups where they squeeze out every +1 they can from their broken classes, and the game works just fine.

Hey super, thanks for taking a dozen posts to get to the Oberoni fallacy after your ignorance has been paraded around for all to see, really useful conversation you've had here.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

smashthedean posted:

A little late to the advice train here, but I'll add my 2 cents as a Pathfinder GM. First, I don't really agree with the general concensus in this thread on classes that are brokenly powerful or ultra-weak....So on an unrelated note, what's with all of the hatred for Monks? I've been GMing a Drunken Master Monk in a Rise of the Runelords campaign from levels 1 to 14 and he's been consistently one of the party's heaviest hitters.

We just had this exact discussion so I'm going to boil it down for you:

1) LogicNinja or other Pathfinder expert comes in, demonstrates in an air-tight mechanical fashion why the "concensus" in this thread is the way it is - because it's reality, and you are ignorant of Pathfinder's mechanics and how they interact in certain ways/at certain levels.

2) You throw up a few "well it's not a problem in MY group!"s before finally giving up and going silent.

Let's not go through this again, please?

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ See? It's already starting.

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Dec 12, 2011

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Guy A. Person posted:

3) Megaman's Jockstrap comes in and acts like a dick to you even though the actual experts are being civil and engaging in productive discussion.

It's not a discussion when, like clockwork, one person who doesn't have a clue about what they are talking asserts that there "aren't any problems" despite literally pages of accurate rebuttal in this very thread. I'm sorry if it makes me a dick to demand that one side of the "discussion" actually know what they are talking about and have done a sliver of due diligence.

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Dec 12, 2011

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

White Plume Mountain, as I recall, also had a kickin' anti-gravity logjam at one point. It really was pretty drat good for an early D&D adventure (compare it to Against the Giants, which is Boring and Stupid as Hell, or the Isle of Dread, which managed to make King Kong Island into a leaden jungle-crawl).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

I've seen some SCA reenactments in full armor with blunted weapons and even the fattest, sweatiest, most unathletic nerd doesn't botch their fighting as much as a D&D fighter with critical fumbles will. Even one swing in a hundred would probably be WAY too high.