Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

I'm guessing this is the best place to ask this question. What kind of demand is there for 3.5 ed books? I have a huge collection I'm thinking of selling online to make some space, but I'm unsure whether it would be worth the hassle, or what a reasonable asking price would be. At the moment I'm thinking about $10 a book, plus shipping. How does that sound?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Father Wendigo posted:

Are you talking about the official 3.5 core books, or OGL books? Ten is okay (you might want to go a little lower to sell faster) for stuff like Player's/GM's Handbook. OGL stuff is a crapshoot that depends on the interest of the buyer.

No, they are all official Wizards published books. Never got into any of the OGL stuff for that vary reason.

Captain Hats posted:

Ten bucks for the 3.5 PHB? I'd buy that in a heartbeat, it's going for £35 on Amazon.

Wow. I might raise the price of the three core books then, though definitely not that high. It is a used book, after all. I am a bit confused why Amazon.co.uk is charging so much more for it. Amazon.com has it selling brand new for only $54.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

I'm more interested in hearing why you count power disparity between classes as a desirable part of 3.X, especially when you complain in the next sentence about how it's going to make the character you have in mind less useful (and potentially less fun).

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Ah. Well, I suppose that's understandable if you can have fun playing that kind of mechanically flawed character. I still wouldn't say that was a general point in the systems favor though, considering how easy it is for someone new to the system to build a similarly weak character, and won't necessarily enjoy playing the "party's bitch", as you put it.