Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
So I was looking to check out Pathfinder 2e because I saw this tiny-edition version for sale on Amazon. When it arrived I realized I made a mistake and it's actually original Pathfinder. I was reading it and thought to myself "you know this feels like it's very familiar" :v: Years ago I sold all of my 3.5 edition books because no one was playing any more. So I looked on Amazon again and what do you know pretty much every pathfinder 1e book exists in these tiny cheap forms...... So now I've replaced my old 3.5 collection with these tiny books :haw:

I really do miss all of the class mixing and prestige classes and feats. This system has so many more options than 5e D&D. It does get a bit nutty at higher levels, but I think I could manage that better now with more experiance. Now, how to trick my 5e players into playing this hmmmm....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

just tell them it's the d&d one playtest

:hmmyes:
Hey guys check out this new play test material, they really leaned into more character options. Now they have this new system where anyone can take any subclass! It's crazy they call them prestige classes. And you like feats? Well I got some good news for you!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Wait I thought this was the Pathfinder 1e thread

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
3.5 edition/Pathfinder 1e seems to be the least appreciated version of D&D right now. Trying to find a YouTube video about 3.5 edition is like finding a needle in a haystack. The heyday of the edition existed before internet videos were big. There are huge channels about OSR 1st edition or basic D&D, 4th edition, and especially 5th edition. But for 3.5 the best I found was poor Mitch Burns and his 800+ subscribers. He is trying really hard too, so many videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0Y5UimGMlo

I think P1/3.5 edition is going to have its own OSR renaissance eventually, but maybe not for 5 years :shrug:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I made a big table for randomly rolling any prestege class in D&D 3.5 or Pathfinder 1e. I'm gonna be using it like a loot table in my next campaign but I figured it could be useful to other people here!

https://pastebin.com/3UQLkAFk

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Aug 27, 2022

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Leperflesh posted:

Holy moly, Rutibex. Use Pastebin or something, you don't need to post 1205 lines of text in a code block inline in a forum thread.

Obviously you've never experianced the waffle images apocalypse. Our SA content needs to be preserved for future generations. External links will break when someone is reading this database in 3,000 years

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Then it's confirmed canon the Pathfinder and D&D multiverse are the same

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/17358/S5-The-Dancing-Hut-of-Baba-Yaga-2e

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
There is no such thing as a good vampire. Their very existence depends on being a parasite on the living, same with a lich. If they were actually good the would destroy themselves.

However there is a rich area to explore of undead who think they are good guys doing the right thing. Just making sacrifices for the greater good!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Zurai posted:

Liches also aren't parasites in any way, for the record. Liches become undead by binding their own soul to an object. It's got nothing to do with anybody else. The methods to do that generally involve seriously evil poo poo, and messing with souls is, IIRC, also inherently evil in Pathfinder's mythos, but liches do not parasitize anyone.

The ritual to become a lich usually involves consuming another creatures soul. And maintaining the magic of the phylactery also requires feeding it occasional souls. I think I read a few times that the only way to learn the ritual is to make a personal deal with Orcus :v: But Lich Lore isn't really unified or set in stone, I suppose it likely says something different in a few places.

As for vampires, I don't mean they are evil because they kill. Killing is part of nature. They are evil because they are perverting the natural order by preserving their own existence at the expense of actual living people. They might not kill a person when they take their blood, but they do take some of their essence and shorten their life. Living people are meant for the material world, they are here for a purpose (whatever that is). Vampires are doing a double whammy, they are refusing to die and move on to their purpose in the outer plane, and they are shortening the life of mortals and robbing them of their purpose on the material world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
lol Vow of Poverty Druid in a low wealth game. Your DM is a monster