Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seksiness
Aug 24, 2006
I screwed your grandma and all I got was this lousy custom title... and herpes
I love getting annotated books. I picked up a copy of Dead Scrolls at a flea market in Brighton and not only got an excellent book but some excellent backstory on Gogol and a short comparison of the influences on him from Pushkin and Lermontov. Writing in library books is pretty dickish though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seksiness
Aug 24, 2006
I screwed your grandma and all I got was this lousy custom title... and herpes

Aventine posted:

Brighton as in Brighton, England? Its just that I'm down at Sussex Uni right now and every Tuesday these 2 guys turn up at the front of the uni with a load of cheap second hand books. Anyway, last week I saw "Dead Scrolls" there, only I went back today to go and pick it up and some bugger had nabbed it already...

Yeah, Toppers was the place but it was about a year ago. I get quite a few books in there, you have to hunt for the good ones but it is well worth it.