Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
I was going to create a seperate thread about this, but since I don't know if the mods will frown upon it, and it is just an idea, I figured I'd post it here instead.

Right now, the nook comes with a 50$ gift card.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/nook/index.asp?cds2Pid=30919

Interestingly enough, you can have as many nooks tied to one account as you want. Theoretically, if we all wanted to we could all sign up for a single account, use our gift cards in succession, and acquire the wealth of all the books spread between ourselves as some sort of advanced book club.

Apparently this is legal, but it might be frowned upon. But I haven't found anything conflicting with the Nook TOS just yet.

I just wanted to see if anyone would be interested in creating a super user to share all the wealth of our collective books.

Philosopher King fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Jun 4, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006

LooseChanj posted:

People need to read the books of the month and post in those threads.

Just sayin'. :toughguy:

Loosechanj, if this idea doesn't fly at all with you I don't wanna pursue it. Legal or otherwise.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
I'm trying to remember the name of a book based on a very loose and very vague description.

In the beginning, the book was following some girl who was locked away in a castle or something and one of her only friends was the ghost of some guy who may or may not have gone on some fantastic adventure to get some sweet princess poon or something when he was alive. I remember key points being the girl confided to some place, and the guy was a ghost. This was all in the first 20-50 pages of the book. I have no idea where it was going from there.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006

Encryptic posted:

Crewel Lye by Piers Anthony?

Holy crap. You are some sort of wizard. Well done. Is that series any good?

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
This makes a lot more sense now. Back in 8th grade English we had that crappy "reading time" and one day I didn't have a book so I was allowed to pick one off of the teachers shelf. She got really worried and upset saying she wasn't sure it would be appropriate for me but I shrugged it off. Never got to the hot unmentionable on sinful creature action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
If anyone out there has played the Witcher series and read the books, what are the actual books in the series I should be reading? Is there an actual start and finish or are they all just random Gerald mini stories?