Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
I need help identifying a story. It is typically taught in most American literature classes. I don't remember anything about the plot or characters except for the ending. The main female character in the story was depressed (maybe from the loss of a child, can't remember) and decided she was going to swim out into the ocean and drown herself.

Thats all I remember. I know its vague as poo poo but its a classic book so I'm hoping TBB can help me. I initially thought it was written by James Joyce or Emily Dickinson but I can't seem to find it.

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

vegaji posted:

The Awakening by Kate Chopin. There is a whole thread for identifying books, I think. Or maybe not.

This is it, thank you. I didn't see a thread for identifying books so I figured the Chat & Questions thread was the next best option.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
I need a little Christmas guidance.

I have a family member that wrote a book. This is their first attempt at writing something and it's a little rough around the edges in terms of formatting, grammar, etc...

As a gift, I'd like to hire a professional to proof read and format their book. Can anyone recommend a service that does such? Its about 18k words.

This book is more intended to be shared with family, not self-published on Amazon and attempting to sell. I just want to help them get it the best it can be, maybe get it printed and a few hardcovers for the coffee table.

Hughmoris fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Dec 19, 2021