Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Is there a website or something better the google to find pictures/scans of book covers? Like not just first editions, but later covers? I'm trying to find all my old books, but it's tricky since most of them have changed to a clone of Bella and Edward on the cover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

I'm not sure if theres a better thread to ask this but.

Hey android users, what apps do you use for text to speech to read ebooks for you? Or is this a fruitless search? I'm hoping for one with more natural speech but all of them seem locked to a subscription. I'm hesitant to throw money at them and then deal with trying to cancel subs.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/sanktjosten/status/1769072045667627517

*Don Draper Yelling* THATS WHAT READING THE BOOK IS FOR

I kinda disagree. that's what reading the summary is for. But the loving problem is the summaries are often vague garbage or simply dont exist anymore. A lot of books just have author or review blurbs on the back, which is complete bullshit. I dont care that gaiman or king blurbed Random Authors debut novel, tell me what the plot is about!!!

Hell sometimes for epubs they're cut off and I have to get calibre to redownload the whole drat thing.