Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anamnesis
Jan 6, 2009

In Search of Lost Time

Grushenka posted:

I carry about six or seven thick books (all hardcovers) with me on a regular basis. The joys of being a postgrad :) I finally gave up on getting them all in my handbag, now I just wear a backpack everywhere like a little schoolgirl.

I'm a grad student, too. I'm stuck carrying a crapton of books in my backpack, and they can sometimes get pretty heavy. They can be quite a burden sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anamnesis
Jan 6, 2009

In Search of Lost Time
A quick question: How do you people remove the sticky residue from the "used book" stickers? I hate those ugly stickers and end up picking at them until I get them off. Unfortunately it leaves behind this sticky crap that sticks to you.

Anamnesis
Jan 6, 2009

In Search of Lost Time

vegaji posted:

Absolutely. There really isn't a drama thread anywhere in SA that I know of, and it's a huge and broad concept. Of course, it'll likely get to 3 pages then sink into oblivion while fantasy and YA threads will be around forever, but oh well.

I was thinking the same thing. TBB could also use a "Classics"-type thread (I'm not really sure TBB has one already), but it seems sci-fi/fantasy are the main points of interest, it wouldn't do that well.

Anamnesis
Jan 6, 2009

In Search of Lost Time

Van Dis posted:

I am ... on my way through ... New York, ...

What literature do you recommend for going through those parts of America?

A bit on the older side (1900), and it deals with many places you have not listed: you could try Sister Carrie by Theodore Dreiser. A sizable amount of the 'drama' happens in NY. It just popped into my mind, thought I'd suggest it if you haven't found anything else.