Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kneel Before Zog
Jan 16, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
So what's up with Hells Gate. This thick monstrosity of a book reads like a boring fanfic. I can't get more than a few pages in. I skipped a bit and read around and the whole book seems like the most boring drivel i've ever read. /rant. Anyone want to chat about this book?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kneel Before Zog
Jan 16, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Parker Lewis posted:

I'm finishing up the first book of The First Law trilogy. I can't decide whether to keep going and plow through books 2 and 3, or read something else for a change of pace in between. What would you do?

I'm currently looking for a change in between the 2nd and 3rd book. I was very disappointed with how the second book ended up and found myself not caring anymore about how the book will wrap itself up in the final third. The second book does absolutely nothing to advance the main plot forward the way I saw it.

Kneel Before Zog
Jan 16, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
So I picked up Drood by Dan Simmons at the bookstore partially because of the evil looking silhouette on the cover. I've known about it having plenty of mixed reviews but I really liked the name/cover of the book. What did goons think of it?

Kneel Before Zog
Jan 16, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Is the Steve Larson 'Girl with a Dragon Tattoo' series worth picking up? Would anyone here recommend the book over the movie or vice versa?

Kneel Before Zog
Jan 16, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Any suggestions on where to start with David Foster Wallace. I'm primarily interested in reading any of his essays or short stories that dealt with his rage for grammar in the english language.
Actually I think I know what essay to find what I'm looking for in. I just don't have the name here. Can someone who knows more elaborate on the things David Foster Wallace had issues with with regards to English?

Kneel Before Zog fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Dec 31, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kneel Before Zog
Jan 16, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I had the Harper Magazine page opened in a tab but wasn't sure if that was it and if theres more. Thanks.