Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dub Mapocho
May 17, 2010

by angerbotSD
But, is two threads enough? Could I post another GRRM thread with a specific focus on linguistic analysis and hermeneutics? Or would it be gassed due to Superfluence? Thanks in advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dub Mapocho
May 17, 2010

by angerbotSD
I'd dispute the idea that books can be 'spoiled'. The notion of 'spoiling' i a relic of the pre-post-modern age when texts where assumed to have a single 'meaning' imparted by 'the' Author. The Book Barn needs to develop new paradigms informed by current theory. imo

Dub Mapocho
May 17, 2010

by angerbotSD
Hey! Book Barn! Let's Develop a Rhizomatic Model Of Plotting And Narrative! Then nobody will have to worry about spoilers

Dub Mapocho
May 17, 2010

by angerbotSD
An interesting reading, but in my opinion an incomplete one. The 'dynastic war' narrative of A Song of Ice and Fire is a fairly obvious metaphor for an extended discussion of 'gender' dynamics in antecedent and contemporary societies and the evolution of normative gender traits, with subsequent 'novels' in the series taking in some elements of queer and trans theory. However, we must be careful to not fall to the fallacy of ascribing primacy to the 'Author'-imposed 'theological' tyranny. This masterwork is instead best understood as a turgid and uninspired narrative about a gay world that doesn't even exist.

Dub Mapocho
May 17, 2010

by angerbotSD

post-feminist rimjob posted:

parsimonious, obstinate, hoarding, and perfectionistic

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)