Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mellonbread
Dec 20, 2017

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Does anyone have any advice on reading the Gene Wolfe New Sun books? I tried and failed a year and a half ago and I'm thinking of getting back on the horse.
The nice thing about New Sun is it doesn't require you to solve all the mysteries to have fun. It's not like Fifth Head where you have to figure out the puzzle in order to enjoy it. It can just be a dark fantasy adventure story about a hosed up guy in a hosed up future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mellonbread
Dec 20, 2017
I never annotate books but I often wish I did, every time there's a paragraph I remember but can't find again. I often use google books or piracy sites to get searchable versions of texts I own in print just for this purpose.