Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Viconia
Jul 11, 2005

Oh, right. I know a lot about lifting curses. That's why I'm a disembodied talking skull sitting on top of a spike in the middle of a swamp.

Dr Scoofles posted:

Actually, in Norwich city centre you can stand at the entrance of one large, 2 floor Waterstones and look over the steet at another large, 2 floor Waterstones. They both stock the exact same books. I don't undestand the logic behind that.

Oh! I know that one! Also, Norwich rocks. One of my favourite places.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viconia
Jul 11, 2005

Oh, right. I know a lot about lifting curses. That's why I'm a disembodied talking skull sitting on top of a spike in the middle of a swamp.

LooseChanj posted:

For a second there I thought you were looking for E/N.

An E/N on books... I wonder how an E/N thread would work here relating to books. Someone make a thread and let's see how it goes!

Viconia
Jul 11, 2005

Van Dis posted:

I'll pick that up and give it a shot. Thanks gentle goon.

TBB is currently doing a re-read of all of GRRM's stuff. Check out the thread to read along with the forum goons!

Viconia
Jul 11, 2005

Finally got caught up with this thread, was busy all week. If anyone has a problem with 2 GRRM threads, take it up with me and leave loosechanj out of it. The 2 GRRM threads is 100% my doing and if you have a problem with it, take it up with me.

Catch me at viconia@somethingawful.com or PM!

---

In other news, the book store down the road from me is closing, so I can't have a gander at lunch in there anymore. I'm really annoyed about that!

Also, not sure about ye, but I've been to about 5 bookstores and none of them have the SA Book Club's Book of the month "Vacation". Anyone else found that problem? Like what the hell?

Viconia
Jul 11, 2005

therattle posted:

Choose a better book, buddy. Sheesh. (Book shops closing makes me sad).

Heard a lot about the book and it looks quite interesting. I guess the hype that people made about it has made me curious.

Viconia
Jul 11, 2005

jmaze posted:

I just got the kindle version. Get with the 21st century, jeez.

edit: I guess bookstores closing is my fault. sorry

I actually have that version for my sony e-reader but.. Meh. I'm really prefering paperback.

Also,I bring so many gadgets with me around the place that it's refreshing to have a book with me. I suppose I might have to settle with that version :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viconia
Jul 11, 2005

appropriatemetaphor posted:

It's all the big summer of Proust and GRRRMMM reread threads' faults.

hey hey hey Hey HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY!. now.