Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
my favorite exhibit at the royal canadian whatever in ontario a few years ago.

lancaster bomber. still flying. one of 2 in the world.

yes those pans on the floor were catching leaking oil from the engines. it was made in england, you know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

rocket_350 posted:

The best part of that museum is that they do maintenance right on the display floor. I was there in the winter time once and they had the Lancaster partly taken apart with all sorts access panels and cowlings removed and one Merlin out of the plane on an engine stand.
how manly does your engine stand have to be to hold a loving merlin?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
we had an mi26 mod on the goon OFP server back in the day. it could hold like 4x as many people as the OFP server could hold. i loved it.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Entone posted:

The NTSB is back up, but that link is outdated.

You can search by accident number, NYC08FA023, or goto this link: Things not to do as a pilot/builder
That's gonna be me some day. Because I recently learned there are ultralight/LSA planes that use a VW derived 2 cylinder boxer motor, which is about the same as an old BMW motorcycle engine, and I ride and work on those motors all the time. So now I have to put one in a plane. It was meant to be.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

MrChips posted:

That seems to be a common occurrence in aircraft with forward lifting surfaces; the Piaggio Avanti exhibits the same tendency when flying in rain as well.
Piaggio? The scooter manufacturer?