Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I like pretty planes :3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

keykey posted:

I drive by one of those every day on my way to work. http://tinyurl.com/ykzgcp7

Fun fact: That particular SR71, #960, flew more combat missions (342) than any other. Imagine where that titanium has been :allears:

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

slidebite posted:

Thanks for those pics. That museum is the only reason I want to go to Ohio.

I've been there. The B36 really has to be seen in person for its size to be appreciated. It's monstrous.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Gibfender posted:

Similar thing happened with Aloha Airline Flight 243: flight attendant gets sucked partly out of a small hole, blocks it momentarily and then the top of the plane tears off.

(warning: blood)

When I was a kid I watched the movie about that on TV, and haven't really felt okay about flying since, statistics be damned.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Hermsgervørden posted:

Frankly I just hope she was rendered unconscious very quickly, because everything about it sounds just unbelievably terrible.

I almost wonder if she got stuck at the shoulders and the airflow broke her neck.

Some quick napkin math (based on an average human female head) suggests she'd feel a force of 62 pounds on her face.

edit: yeah I totally googled 'drag coefficient of a human head.' I'm assuming 1 since I couldn't find anything.

CornHolio fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Apr 20, 2018