Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

great now twitter thinks i like cops and it's showing me a bunch of covid truther joe rogan poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

didn't some airline in miami operate those in the 80s

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

That's the one. And yeah, I guess most flying boats look pretty similar in a side-profile picture

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Mortabis posted:

The share price is, generally speaking, the expected net present value of future earnings

only in as much as they affect the only two material connections between a stock and the actual company: dividends and bankruptcy. "the expected present value of the future stock price" is more like it

edit: dicidends

Cactus Ghost fucked around with this message at 12:46 on May 24, 2022

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

alaskan killed my favorite airline for a couple SFO gates so the idea of them getting turned about for the same is pretty satisfying

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

use the coffins

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

lmao i had to pause halfway through cause i was giggling too hard at canada's regional carrier being named Air Canada JAZZ

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

SAVE THE JAZZ FOKKER

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

they should print "Save The Jazz Fokker" shirts, that would be incredible

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Ambulance to Froedtert is my avant garde noise band

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Lord Stimperor posted:

That's a pittance imo considering what damages he prevented and the risk of personal injury.

i mean, yeah, that's the nature of the employer-employee relationship

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

i can see why making it so every foreign intelligence service on earth can gather open-source intel on every US military domestic flight would, let's say "not be a priority"

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Ryanair learned afrikaans exclusively from binging Die Antwoord videos

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

if someone's entry gets rejected is the airline required to return them at the airline's expense?

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Pima buffalo Buffalo buffalo Ottowa Buffalo

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Electric Wrigglies posted:

It's almost as if any national actor that can act upon the information can't glean that information through other means easily.

No the real reason is mil types hate to think they are not the absolute priority in everything so push back on any extra effort even well within their budget.

i mean, as easily as writing a script to refresh a website and database the results? although yes i have no trouble believing military bureaucrats hate having to accommodate anyone or anything besides their own butts

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

i'm not arguing FOR it, just speculating on what the colossal lumbering bureaucracy that is the us military may have used to justify it

e: also there's definitely value in being able to see increases or pattern changes in training and logistics, and get insight on what assets are at domestic bases vs forward deployed

Cactus Ghost fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jun 7, 2022

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Psion posted:

please answer the other half of that question though, I get that there are reasons for it but you acknowledge it's a tradeoff, right

the part about the value of preventative measures to bureaucrats? that answers itself imo, they'll never care about something that hasnt happened yet, except in circumstances where someone is explicitly threatening their job for not caring

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

oh modern computer tech wouldn't have gotten where it is nearly as fast without massive government subsidy. of course, that's also true of aviation in general, and automotive transport in general, and food preservation, and emergency medicine.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

nothing opens rich people's pursestrings like wanting to get richer by sending poor people to kill another rich person's poor people

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

~Coxy posted:

I find the CEO of Alaska guilty of criminal negligence and sentence him to 5 years in prison and bar him from serving on a board or as the officer of a company for life.

The defendant is free to go.

to.... heaven?

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

yeah the US doesn't recognize dual citizenship. if you're a US citizen, for all purposes of interacting with the US govt you are only a US citizen.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

standard.deviant posted:

That is not true in all cases.

really? guess i was misinformed, or i took a short answer to be the only one. what are the exceptions?

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

forget the jet, i just want to ride the ejection seat

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

definitely not zero-zero

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

those bees have more rights than women in texas. women on the plane and they just take off anyway smdh

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

engineer stooped over his drafting table, cigarette ashing, coffee cooling, as he burns the midnight oil trying to come up with some way to address the aircraft industry's intractable problem of pilots shidding and fukcin and fallin down stairs

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

chatgpt is excellent at quickly whipping up some plausible-sounding bullshit, but if you need accurate info it's awful, because it's so good at bullshitting

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

I wish news outlets would take the extra time to find out what the likely sentence will be rather than always going for the sensational maximum sentence. He's not going to do 20 loving years. Call up an attorney, have them look at the schedule and get a realistic range.

wishing a clickbait mill would incur billable hours rather than be sensationalist is like wishing for the tide to not come in

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

there's also a broader restriction that applies to military aircraft over US land too, isn't there? 30,000ft is a number kicking around in my head for some reason.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

the kid in me is still bummed that the a380 wasn't much of a success. i want to see big chungus ocean liners in the sky. imo the airliner variant of the C-5 being cancelled was the point where human progress stalled and began its long regressive slide into ignorance superstition and fascism

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Arson Daily posted:

Yes Boeing, famously forward looking when it comes to what it's customers and their customers want in a new airplane

they did correctly predict this particular thing though

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Wombot posted:

Lufthansa and Qantas bringing their A380 fleets back as demand surged "after" Covid is either their last gasp, or a sign that there is a market for them on very specific routes - the trans-oceanic long haul routes.

i still see them routinely blasting off from SFO so that scans

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

sure, but if humans were capable of reasoned evaluation of danger, nobody would ever willingly operate a motor vehicle, and we'd all live in walkable villages

e: which sounds nice

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Mortabis posted:

Flying a light aircraft is dramatically more dangerous than driving a motor vehicle, especially if you wear your seatbelt and don't drink and drive.

not dramatically, they're in the same ballpark. i wasn't so much comparing one to the other but comparing both to other activities. both are, by a wide margin, the most dangerous part of the day for someone who does them

e: well, most people, most days. the day you base jump or share needles has driving and flying both beat

Cactus Ghost fucked around with this message at 00:47 on May 16, 2023

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Chronojam posted:

UAV still on the ground

this is probably the winner yeah

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Jonny Nox posted:

Yeah, sure the LiPo battery failing and starting the whole house on fire is "safe"

i mean if the question is "which aircraft is it safest to bring into the family home" theres a whole new can of worms

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

yeah twin boom is the way to go for maximum stubbiness. lil flyin beans :kimchi:

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

the twin boom boob being canadian just makes it all the cuter eh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

animated gifs for the cause