Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
Do they have a 'device' definition? I heard someone mention that you didn't need to register anything that didn't have 'communication electronics' but that seems like it's probably inaccurate.

I wonder how model rocketry fits into all this. You could definitely build something that weighs more than 250grams at launch, but loses mass as it expends fuel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Elviscat posted:

Lol, did you, like, look at the thing?

E: that was mean, but they have a ways to go before that thing goes supersonic, much less they make it into a passenger jet.

in fairness if I was a VC looking at funding a project and they said "yeah for our first test vehicle we're going to build a full scale aircraft and send it" I would give them zero money

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Beef Of Ages posted:

You're not a VC-brained moron, though.

no but i'm definitely a moron