Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BioTech
Feb 5, 2007
...drinking myself to sleep again...

No mention of Unknown Soldier at all?

I picked up the trade on a whim and was impressed by how it takes a very real part of our world as the setting for an action-filled adventure without diminishing the seriousness of the overall issue. Even though you basically follow one man on a murderous rampage throughout rebel forces in the Ugandan civil war it never makes you lose the feeling that the people there are very real and everything that happens is a horrible thing.

Guess my summary would be like this;
After fleeing Uganda as a child and finishing his eduction in the US, Dr. Moses Lwanga returns to Africa to aid refugees of the civil war. While he is a devoted pacifist his continuous dealings with child soldiers, rape, mutilation and murder are slowly making him lose hope. Inside him something evil is growing until one day he snaps and in a moment of anger he takes matters into his own hands by killing an armed child threatening him. With the monster inside him unleashed he decides to forfeit going back to his old life and embraces the killing.

Edit: Holy gently caress, second TPB was released just this week. Guess I'm ordering it right now.

BioTech fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Mar 20, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007
...drinking myself to sleep again...

The first Unknown Soldier trade was amazing, but the second one was kind of disappointing to me. It's hard to explain, but even after just one arc I felt the series had a certain vibe and the second story moved away from that completely. Different setting and tone, it just wasn't what I was interested in.

Luckily the third one went back to its roots and was fantastic. Really dragged me back and I will definitely be buying the final trade.

• Locked thread