Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

sporklift posted:

I thought the initial premise was awesome and the art was cool. Found myself skimming the later issues just to finish it.

I really liked the first trade or two, but I lost interest after the 6th one I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I can't really put into words how much it bothers me that vertigo quarterly has an ad on the back.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

bairfanx posted:

Man, am I the only one that is having trouble with JHW III's Sandman layouts? There were multiple pages where he was doing cool things with the panels that made it next to impossible to tell if I was looking at a double page spread and whether or not I should read further across or move down for the next panel. Then there were pages in the latter half of the book where I couldn't even tell if I was reading dialog/narration in the right order.

His pages look beautiful, but in a comic that is a textually driven as Sandman is, I would appreciate not having to pull myself out of reading it to figure out where I need to go next on the page.

You just have to look at it as a whole and it becomes obvious if it is a spread or not. I have that problem a lot though when I'm moving through it too fast.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Literally The Worst posted:

His better work is also mostly doodoo. Planetary is probably the only thing by him that I haven't grown to outright hate and it's still like half of a good story and even that half has a decent amount of dumb poo poo (cough Constantine's funeral cough).

Are you telling me you don't like Nextwave or Moon Knight?

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I don't know if anyone else has been reading those CMYK books they've been putting out, but it pisses me off so much that they put an ad on the back of them. They would have looked so much better with just a solid color.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Pope Guilty posted:

Supernatural bit so much from Hellblazer that TV Constantine didn't have a chance.

Well Constantine could have been trumped Supernatural by actually being good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Jedit posted:

Who cares? It's a loving procedural, it can eat a bag of dicks and any of you who watch it should be ashamed.

You should be ashamed of this post.

• Locked thread