Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
racecardriver
Apr 27, 2009
Sweet Tooth is loving outstanding. Easily one of the top five ongoings right now. Jeff Lemire is a really great comic writer/artist. If you haven't picked it up, make an effort to do so. Also, his Essex County Trilogy is incredible, and I hear great things about The Nobody, which is currently on my shelf, waiting to be read.

Anyway, read these.

Also, Brubaker did a limited series called Deadenders with Warren Pleece and Richard Case years (over five) ago. Only the first arc has been collected, but I managed to find it at a Half Price Books for under $5 and snagged it. I really enjoyed that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

racecardriver
Apr 27, 2009
I'm really loving Joe the Barbarian. The art is so drat incredible -- the level of detail is stunning. Does the plot remind anyone else of a creepy '80s kid's movie? It reminds me of stuff like Neverending Story, Labyrinth, and The Dark Crystal in the sense that seeing it as a kid would have freaked me out a bit.

• Locked thread