Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

I almost didn't buy the second Unwritten trade but boy am I glad I did, this series has won me over for the long haul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

It's more of the same, but I thought 'the same' was great and am buying the deluxe trades so your mileage may vary.

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

Scalped is in a realm of its own as far as I'm concerned.

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

UncleMonkey posted:

And even if you still don't care for it after the second TPB, it'll still be worth the purchase for the one-shot with the cursing rabbit alone.

(that got included in the second TPB, didn't it? It better have).

Unwritten is a loving great series. And yes, the first arc does set the stage. Things have begun to open up in a big way.

It's in the second trade paperback, yes, the one that opens up the story something fierce!

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

I'm deep into the 4th trade of Lucifer and this is some stellar stuff, drat. My hopes for The Unwritten have gone up way higher than they already were now.

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

I like The Unwritten quite a bit but this team's art seemed way better to me back in the Lucifer days. Pity.

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

So SCALPED just ended. According to Aaron there are no plans to release hardcover editions which is a bitch-and-a-half because this is arguably the best thing Vertigo's put out in years.

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

I loved Lucifer but The Unwritten just leaves me absolutely cold and I'm unable to pinpoint why. The art not being up to Lucifer standards doesn't help either.

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

I've just bought a humongous hardcover Vertigo The Invisibles edition. The thing's sized like a big-rear end bible containing all of the trades, it's absurd. I just had to have it!

Now to start actually reading the thing, I've yet to read anything Invisibles related.

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

Where's my hardcover Scalped, Vertigo!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

The Vertigo glory days are way over.

• Locked thread