Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

GOP posted:

Sucks that it's going down the tubes. Seems like a rushed ending.

Just read the last Air tpb and got the same feeling. While the ending wasn't exactly bad it definitely felt rushed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

blue.eyed.ash posted:

The first TPB of Lucifer is arguably the weakest.

Pretty much. I was't all that impressed by the first tpb but the second was really great.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

j00rBuDdY posted:

Any love for The Exterminators?

Read the first trade, kinda undecided on it.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

DangerKat posted:

We might be getting a Preacher TV series courtesy of Seth Rogen. Wait, what?

We probably won't. What we will get instead is a show on ABC about a priest with magical powers that is in no way Jesse Custer.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

GrandpaPants posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPE2oBnzROY

I never read Hellblazer, but this looks pretty terrible. Maybe Hannibal has raised my expectations for a mature show on NBC too much, I dunno.

The pilot is directed by Neil Marshall so at least that episode will be good.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I love Dillon too. I feel like people would not remember Preacher half so fondly if not for his art.

Dillon's art in Preacher was pretty good though:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Lightning Lord posted:

At this point I'm reading Fables solely because I love Mark Buckingham's art. Hopefully after it ends he does something good and doesn't retire to sit on those fat Telltale cashwads.

Buckingham's art isn't that special though. Especially not compared to Lan Medina who did the first arc.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Lightning Lord posted:

He has really clear and distinctive linework and storytelling. I like Lan Medina too, but Buckingham's art is stronger.

I just find Buckingham very generic.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Mraagvpeine posted:

The last volume of Fables came out. Who read it and how disappointing was it? I'm not sure I want to read it.

Everything kinda fizzles out. Remember how Gepetto growing new wooden soldiers was an important plot point? That storyline is never going to be resolved

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

krakagar posted:

Did you actually read the last issue? Because this was addressed.

Gepetto makes a speech in front of his wooden soldiers and then it ends. That's not resolution

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

WHOOPS posted:

The epilogues ranged from cute to bad with the worst one being the firefighter poo poo.

A woman experiences ptsd and is yelled at and fired. Stay classy Willingham.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Hakkesshu posted:

I would take movie Constantine over TV Constantine any day of the week

If you replaced Keanu with the guy who played TV Constantine it would've been a great movie.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Len posted:

How different is iZombie from the TV show?
Completely different. Even the name of the main character was changed so that they could make a lovely pun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Chairman Capone posted:

Is the comic really that bad? That's a shame... I generally like Chris Roberson's work.

I liked it. Its certainly better than the show.

• Locked thread