Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A big dumb baby
May 2, 2003

Soonmot posted:

I've really felt that once they hit the Delgado Nation arc, the book fell apart. I'm really no longer interested in whats going on. Hopefully it picks back up, but over the past few months, this book has gone from the top of my read pile to the very bottom.

After the Delgado Nation arc is exactly when I stopped reading it. I haven't felt the need to check up on it since. It just didn't feel like the overall story was going anywhere anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A big dumb baby
May 2, 2003

SpaceMost posted:

What is Air about and is it any good?

It's really hard to explain, honestly. It's about an airline hostess who gets wrapped up in a conspiracy theory that involves a airplanes powered by your mind and Amelia Airheart and well yeah.

It's a very good book, though. I really enjoyed what I read of it.

Unfortunately, it's also now canceled.

A big dumb baby
May 2, 2003

It "comes into it's own" from the very start. It just sounds like it isn't the comic for you. If you don't care about the characters after three trades, I'm not sure you ever will.

A big dumb baby
May 2, 2003

Gassire posted:

Not really. For me it kind of floundered and lost my interest around the elections arc in late 30's early 40's. There was kind of a small time jump and it didn't really do a very good job or re-rooting you with the characters.

That's exactly where I stopped reading. There was an entire year of the comic where each issue was just a one-shot character examination, and half of them I didn't find interesting at all. The plot just stood at a stand still and it became more about the ideas than anything, whereas in the beginning of the book I liked that it was about both. After Blood in the Game, despite it returning to the main plotline I just lost interest and stopped reading it.

A big dumb baby
May 2, 2003

^burtle posted:

Goddamn, Scalped is a brutal read. It makes 100 Bullets look tame and uneventful.

This reminds me, I really need to pick up the first trade of Scalped. I've been meaning to get into this book for ages and keep putting it off. This, and Northlanders, really. Maybe I'll get the first of both today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A big dumb baby
May 2, 2003

Alhazred posted:

Just read the last Air tpb and got the same feeling. While the ending wasn't exactly bad it definitely felt rushed.

Air got cancelled, didn't it? I don't think they had originally planned to end it when they did.

• Locked thread