Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

I don't know if my opinion will turn anyone into reading this book, as it is a deeply personal one, but here's my take on my favorite vertigo book.

I generally have problems coming up with a "favorite comic" but now I have found it. Daytripper by the brazilian twins Fabio Moon and Gabriel Ba is easily one of the most beautifully made comics I've recently read. It resonates with me, not because I can relate to Bras (I can't), but because it uses magic-realism, a style which is used a lot in Latin American literature (for some examples, check 100 Years of Solitude or a more recent, and comic related book, The Life and Times of Oscar Wao) and which, for me, gives it a sort of familiar texture to it, which makes me appreciate it more beyond just the gorgeous art and beautiful writing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Was Taters posted:

He's had a couple of essays on his Deviantart journal so :rolleyes: that you actually end up blushing on his behalf. One when he attended ECCC and had to be dragged out to be social and then confessed his chivalrous love for the lady who draws the Cinderella covers, and a more recent one where he talked about writers and their niches. If he'd drawn them as wordless comics, it would have gone much better.
So he's a stereotypical goon then? I thought we were talking about right-wing nut or "everyone who disagrees with me is a poo poo-head" kinda thing.

• Locked thread