Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I'm in the middle of Rogue Clone by Stephen Kent, and it's pretty good so far. Sort of a early Tom Clancy vibe, but little technobabble or jingoism. Set in 2500 too so there are space battles and stuff too.

It's the second book in a trilogy, but I didn't read the first, just borrowed this from the laowai bar here in Xiamen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Agentdark posted:

This would be a fine plot to a Jack Ryan Novel

Jack Ryan 40k

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Paragon8 posted:

I think middle school me managed to survive it by mostly reading the navy seal bits and glossing over the politics.

I still can get quite a bit out of rereading a Cussler. My all time favorite airport books are the Wingman series which is so OTT you can't really take it seriously. The bad guys escalate to white supremacist vikings with submersible longboats at one point.

Can you be more specific? Amazon didn't know what "cussler wingman" was.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Payndz posted:

:toot:

Also on the :toot: front, I just optioned the movie rights for the entire Nina and Eddie series!

Did they sign you on a a screenwriter or anything as well? If they ever get made I hope they hew towards following the books, we haven't had many movies that crazy-fun.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Story wise it's not QUITE as good as the batshit insane Iran president who wanted to throw muslims through a black hole to Allah, but god drat it's a close one.

I must know what this is from.

• Locked thread