Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cousarr
Apr 29, 2008

Only a king can make this face.

itsrobbiej posted:

Over halfway in Power School. I'll hit Prototype at some point...depending on the hold. I heard it was 6-9 months. :(

It depends on your rate and when the prototypes are classing up. MMs will have long holds (6+ mos atm), wire rates will have shorter holds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cousarr
Apr 29, 2008

Due to the aforementioned sensitive nature of the material I'm going to go with a vague answer here. Yes.

Cousarr
Apr 29, 2008

If you left an ET alone in maneuvering/EOS with a gun as SRO, something would get broken. Probably the gun, but regardless something would be in worse condition.

Cousarr
Apr 29, 2008

Enjoy the higher rent associated with the race season.

Cousarr
Apr 29, 2008

I'd try to make Balfour Beatty as temporary as possible. They charge higher than local rent for what you get, even in the summer.

Cousarr
Apr 29, 2008

It's a challenging program that is rewarding if you're willing to get interested in the material and learn as much as you can as in depth as you can. It also pays well, advances fast and gives you good employment opportunities outside the navy. Additionally, it's a very politically charged program. Be prepared to do things that don't make a lot of sense because they're what the program need you to do. You're going to hate that aspect of the job, in fact it's what most people complain about.

If you're willing to deal with a challenging program with a good number of standing orders that don't make a whole lot of sense and having to deal with severe repercussions for what would be considered small errors in other fields you'll enjoy it. Otherwise, hold out and get your negotiator to assign you a different rate.

Cousarr
Apr 29, 2008

Oh, it's still there. I don't think they're ever going to get that giant ball of concrete down. It's just been decommissioned/retired in place.

Cousarr
Apr 29, 2008

Just got back from my first patrol. Quallified RT and I'm about 1/3 done on ships. I'm certainly glad to be back but I don't think I'll mind going out again.

Cousarr
Apr 29, 2008

I remember the MARF field day briefs. Mostly it was the class leader rattling off safety points such as "don't expose yourself to a fall greater than six feet" while the shift supervisor looked on disapprovingly.

Cousarr
Apr 29, 2008

I'm a sub ETN2 (3353) who made it off the exam. I'm thinking of reenlisting but don't know the minimum reenlistment beyond an extension. I don't feel a need to cap, if I can get 66K for a 2.5 Yr reenlistment or 6 months past my extension that's good enough for me. So does anyone know the minimum reenlistment time? I haven't had much luck looking for it online.

Cousarr
Apr 29, 2008

I think my best WTF NNPTC story was right around when spice was becoming a thing. My classmate gets busted for spice and goes to mast and then DTP and the whole nine yards. Dude then takes it upon himself to steal his roommate's XBOX when he's moving his stuff out. The roommate reports the missing XBOX and they search the guy's DTP quarters. They find the XBOX and more spice. Dude goes to summary courts martial and gets adjudged some time in the brig.

Cousarr
Apr 29, 2008

There was still a stain on the sidewalk from the guy for whom the Skipjack dive team is named when I was there.

Cousarr
Apr 29, 2008

My Grad hold was to report to MARF and sit 20 hours of DARD watch a week. This was coupled with 10 hours of food runs weekly.

Cousarr
Apr 29, 2008

Sub JOs work really long hours and get poo poo on all the time. Make sure it's what you really want to do and you're okay with this.

Cousarr
Apr 29, 2008

The area is beautiful if sort of lacking in things to do. Although NYC is easy to make a weekend trip out of so that pretty much takes care of the lack of things to do. If you're heading up to the area from the SE take a look at the Amtrak Autotrain as a method of getting a car up there - way better than driving.

Cousarr
Apr 29, 2008

Wait. How are you guys not having to clean the shitter on the sub? I've got to scrub the toilets at least once a week as part of after watch cleanup.

Cousarr
Apr 29, 2008

Of course something like this would happen as I assume divisional TPO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cousarr
Apr 29, 2008

That's actually my goal currently. Although I have a degree in Aerospace Engineering, so that should help. I'll let you know how it turns out in a couple years.

• Locked thread