Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scripterror
Sep 6, 2011

Nap Ghost
Two more mastings this week at NNPTC, both involve missing muster and sleeping in the Rickover. Not a record by any means, but it's just such a stupid reason to lose a crow. Been here a month and can't get over the retardation on display daily at this school for supposedly smart people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scripterror
Sep 6, 2011

Nap Ghost
It wouldn't be enough that he talked about it, would it? I figured he got caught in the act by his roommate or something.

The more I think about it though, I really don't want to know, cause the whole truth of it would probably be even dumber than anything I could imagine.

scripterror
Sep 6, 2011

Nap Ghost
This day in NNPTC history: Duty Chief just left for county lockup.

To pick up the CDO.

nuke power

scripterror
Sep 6, 2011

Nap Ghost

KetTarma posted:

loving story
right now

I'm just as anxious to hear it as you are, but thats all I know right now. DCPO happens to be my SLPO. He's in the classroom explaining :siren:NOFORN:siren: to one of my classmates when the duty phone rings. "NNPTC Duty Chief...yes sir...oh goody, no I haven't had THAT one yet", runs for the door, stops on his way out to explain that he has to pick up the CDO from jail. Asked to clarify whether from jail or just at jail, he grins and says "he's in handcuffs", then leaves. I'll get the details tomorrow.

scripterror
Sep 6, 2011

Nap Ghost
So it wasn't county, it was the brig. LTJG blew past the security checkpoint on his way to DTP, guess he thought he didn't have to stop. He was wrong.

scripterror
Sep 6, 2011

Nap Ghost

Mr. Nice! posted:

Not near as good a story, but still a great one nevertheless. I always love hearing about gate guards tackling an O-6 or something.

Yeah I was hoping for something involving alcohol or a belligerent interaction with local law. I'm pretty disappointed, but then that's most days here.

scripterror
Sep 6, 2011

Nap Ghost

1337_ScriptKiddie posted:

You alpha track Scripterror? If so you poor bastard.

Still in A-School until June. Is there anything you can control about what track you end up on in power school or are you just stuck with what they give you?

I have a feeling I know the answer already but asking anyway.

scripterror
Sep 6, 2011

Nap Ghost
Some guys on grad hold go out to Folly Beach on a Tuesday with a bottle of vodka - cleverly disguised in a Gatorade bottle, apparently liquor isn't allowed on the beach - and have a good time. One of them is underage, so he's DD and doesn't drink. Later that night they run into some local chicks who've locked their keys in the car. DD thinks this is a golden opportunity and sends his drunk buddy 5 blocks down to bring the car over while he and his other drunk friend work on helping these poor ladies. Guy sideswipes a car and keeps driving - in full view of local cops.

Driver's fate is still out, but MM3 Worst DD Ever and the other guy were both the subjects of an open masting this morning.

Also a power school student killed himself. Another honorary member of the Skipjack Diving Team.

scripterror fucked around with this message at 03:23 on May 24, 2013

scripterror
Sep 6, 2011

Nap Ghost
Seems to me duty driver beats the poo poo out of everything else hands down, c/d?

scripterror
Sep 6, 2011

Nap Ghost
0-0's 6 weeks into power school, haven't been on tack hours since the beginning of A school :smuggo:

scripterror
Sep 6, 2011

Nap Ghost
NY Prototype student robbed a CVS at gunpoint this weekend. For Ritalin.

scripterror
Sep 6, 2011

Nap Ghost
MMFN Lardass failed his A-school pfa. He's also a shitbag when it comes to school and repeatedly dozes off in study hours. Last night someone woke him up by poking the back of his head with a pointer stick, instead of yelling at him like they have for the last 4 months.

Next morning we all have to get briefed on harassment because this rear end in a top hat "felt he was being hazed."

scripterror
Sep 6, 2011

Nap Ghost
Our father, who art Admiral Rickover, Hyman be thy name.
Thy carriers come, thy subs work be done, On the sea as it is beneath the waves.
Give us this day our assigned maintenance, As we assign maintenance to those below us.
And lead us not into cavitation, But deliver us from field day.
For thine is the knowledge, the integrity, and the excellence, forever and ever. Hyman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scripterror
Sep 6, 2011

Nap Ghost
Had a chat with my TC today.

"I get it; it's tough here. You work long hours, and I respect that. But like... gently caress you."
- :chiefsay:

• Locked thread