Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
White~Mage
Jun 19, 2002

gurragadon posted:

I dunno is there anything fun to do around there? I'm from Richmond, VA so I already kind of knew the area sucked but I've never actually been there. What does delivered mean exactly vice when it launches? There is like a three year gap in between the two so I'm just kinda curious what we'll be doing in between for those three years.

Yeah I figured that it would never come back up at this point. Isn't it being shutdown again in late August or September though?

What rate are you? I am also heading for the Ford, but I have been in the yards for 4 years doing this poo poo. Some minor poo poo is going to happen and there will be kneejerk reactions and make everyone do extra training and work longer hours. I heard they might be going to shift work at the end of the year.

If you are not married or getting BAH, I am sure they will put you up in the barracks they maintain in Downtown Newport News or at Portsmouth Naval Shipyard. Either option blows.

There is stuff to do around here. Depends on what you like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White~Mage
Jun 19, 2002

gurragadon posted:

EM3 just finishing up prototype right now. I'm single so I assumed there wouldn't be any BAH going around unless I STAR which I don't plan on doing. Whats shift work like? The same at prototype shift work or do they have locked shifts?

Yeah I know hopefully I get down there in time to go to bush gardens this year.

They have phases again at the Ford? Figured after two years in the navy they wouldn't start doing that again. Or do the different phases mean something else there? Also your saying that we don't even start quals right away? I guess it would be cool go to PCU school whenever I get there but I head that electricians don't go. I'm also the fresh in prototype kinda guy, should be out but MARF being MARF and all. Grad date was July 12 so hopefully this week I can just go to board and go on leave if they don't end up taking it away.

By phase he means when people show up at PCU. Initial manning is done in phases with phase 3 showing up in September timeframe. Phase 2 showed up in March. This has nothing to do with liberty.

White~Mage
Jun 19, 2002
When you are reporting to a new command, please call ahead and ask if they are in whites or blues. Do not be like the poor kid who showed up earlier this week in blues while all rest are in whites.

If you have a moustache you should shave it. No one looks good in one.

White~Mage
Jun 19, 2002
So who was the dude that told? I know one of you know who he is.

• Locked thread