Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Oh god, poor TL.

Surely there's more Sticks on that ship. A bass player of mutual acquaintance said "Good time to start playing on his U10".

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Mar 10, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

OneSizeFitsAll posted:

gently caress me, Mike Portnoy just complimented my Zappa t-shirt. Then started showing me his Zappa tatoos. :rock:

I met Portnoy on the tour they opened for Zappa Plays Zappa (2nd act: Bigelf, hahahaha look them up) and he complimented my ITCOTCK shirt and said he and Petrucci both had the shirt.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

OneSizeFitsAll posted:

Yeah you might think so. Was the first day and all a bit chaotic. Someone (not sure who) filled in by improvising on keys - did a creditable job

I think he found the stick now; sadly the second gig coincides with my allotted Steve Hackett performance, so I won't get to see Levin play with his big stick.

It would be apropos if it was Jordan Rudess recalling the Night The Keyboard Broke

Update from a mutual friend:
- Tony's Chapman Stick was found on board the next day
- it was Adam Holzman who sat in on keys

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Mar 10, 2024

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Heads up

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Adrian's bassist is Julie Slick, and his drummer is Johnnie deLuca.

For Julie, look up her music on Bandcamp or that of Echotest, a group she's in with my friend Marco Machera. Who you should also look up on Bandcamp.

She's not in her 20s any more, I can vouch since I was at her 30th birthday party concert in Philly, lol.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
I gave away my Sleepytime Gorilla Museum tickets to a musician friend for tonight's show in Brooklyn. I swore I'd see them if they ever played live again but flying Copenhagen to NYC for one show just was crazy.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Plugging friends of mine, Halmstad, Sweden-based Isildurs Bane have a new album out The Pearl of Ever-Changing Shell with Jinian Wilde singing vocals.

https://isildursbane.bandcamp.com/album/the-pearl-of-ever-changing-shell

A slightly older song with IB and Steve Hogarth singing, Peripheral Vision

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Mar 26, 2024

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

Fighting Elegy posted:

I've been absolutely obsessed with The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway. It's my favorite Genesis album and its not even close. Are there other bands I should check out for that mid-70's Genesis kind of vibe?

I like how there is a slickness and touch of Jazz fusion in those albums. Folky/classical inspired stuff doesn't turn me off but I'm just way more into the sounds on TLLDoB, Trick of The Tale and Duke. I listen to Camel too and I guess they have some stuff like that in the late 70's.

I'm decently well versed in old school prog so I don't need any recommendations for Yes stuff. Basically if Brufford played in a band you can assume I have listened to their entire discography.

Bruford Levin Upper Extremities?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

loose-fish posted:

God dammit *cries in European*

I will ask about EU dates.

Ed: asked, let's see

Ade: "I don't know yet."

So there you have it.

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Apr 10, 2024

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
ProgStock 2024 is on:

Tickets on sale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

Vulture Culture posted:

I know Queensryche is basically a tribute band nowadays, but I'm still surprised I paid $35 a pop for tickets tonight. I think I paid more in 2003 when they toured with Dream Theater

Which Queensryche