Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
*makes a weird face*

*plays the poo poo out of the new Cheeto's Magazine album*

https://cheetosmagazine.bandcamp.com/album/amazingous

Fun, technical, immensely enjoyable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I'm in love with the new Thank You Scientist. You should listen to it.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
New Leprous is out today. Haven't spun it yet because I'm saving it for running in the morning

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Kevin Palpatine posted:

exercising to prog, lol. don't trip over your feet when it switches to 7/8

Lol- I was hoping to use the new Alcest but it was a touch too short at 42 minutes. Leprous came in just long enough for run and cool down. Really good btw

Edit- Alcest woulda been great though. Running through a foggy cemetery as dawn break to that would’ve been super cool

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I’m a big fan and held off listening to the singles/leaks. I enjoy it. I’ve spun the whole thing and then just the Messiah Complex again separately... it feels super polished and has a ton of ‘oh holy gently caress’ moments, but I can’t put it above Restoration EP or The Mountain just yet

Btw all those theme callbacks in the Messiah Complex is v nice

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Liquid Tension Experiment teasing #3

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
An Evening with Haken tour coming to NA Feb/March 2024. One set Fauna, one set of other selections from their works. Finally a US gig worth driving the 3 hours for!

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Anyone going to Haken's tour this month? I'm two weeks out from crossing them off the show list, after a decade in waiting. Setlist spoiler: Crystallised as a set 1 finisher & Visions encore is the type of poo poo that makes me feral. Can't wait.

Omnikin fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Feb 13, 2024

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

coheed is going on tour with primus lol that owns

As a huge Coheed fan and relatively new Primus enjoyer, this is a dream come true. The show being up in SPAC where I can go chill all day in the attached state park, have a picnic, take a hike & then go get high on the lawn and zonk out to some great music? drat man. Happy birthday to me

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Haken trip report: jeeeeeeez they're really good live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

rad, i'm also going to the spac show on account of i live 10 minutes from there, though i got indoor seats. if you see some long-curly-haired dude wearing ss neverender 2 gear say hi.

Yeah unfortunately outside of some limited examples (the recent Haken show), sitting for a show is so anathema to my enjoyment (I don't think I used that right, but gently caress it) that I will be happily up on the lawn where I can enjoy how I want. Besides, I know the kinda folk at the C&C shows so I'll be in the pit moving and shaking. First time I ever crowdsurfed - as a large man who should not be crowdsurfing - was at a C&C club gig

SPAC gets a bit of a bad rap but never for ONE consistent thing. Tight seating, lovely lawn, terrible parking, bad sound, no good shows, etc., everyone seems to have one kinda nitpicky thing with it that never gets corroborated or confirmed. I love the place, and like I mentioned, I love having the state park attached so we can chill all day before good shows. I'll be up a few weeks before this show for a Kidz Bop Friday night show (IT'S GONNA BE A RAGER) and we're already planning a cookout/hangout in the park with a few families to spend a great day.