Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
Play the whole second side of Absolutely Free by the Mothers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

The Great Aspie posted:

also Porcupine Tree's "My Ashes" is literally Led Zeppelin's "No Quarter"

Not really, it has the same kind of electric piano thing going on for maybe the first 30 or 40 seconds and that's about it. I definitely thought that on my first listen though.

On the other hand, yeah, the Dogs thing is pretty blatant. what the hell steven :cmon:

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

Interview is a great album. My introduction to GG was that and Free Hand (another great album, and their only one to chart in the US if I'm not mistaken) on a CD together.

A buddy of mine uploaded this video of them performing "Proclamation" featuring John Weathers basically being the sexiest drummer alive:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWfmfgHXAfE

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

Focus and VdGG also come to mind.

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

Rollersnake posted:

That was probably a big part of why I got into prog too. Not just Final Fantasy, but Castlevania, and countless other prog-influenced game soundtracks.

The Saturn version of SotN even has a developer's note that namedrops Goblin's Dawn of the Dead soundtrack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

Tim Follin is prog as gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jbJSftFr20