Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i went to the coheed show in albany on tuesday and it was, hands down, the best show i have ever been to. even compared to other coheed shows i've been to it was something special.

if you even moderately like a song or two by them you really owe it to yourself to go see them live. there is no other live show on earth that has the same energy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Rageaholic posted:

I saw them in 2016 (they were touring for The Color Before the Sun) and that was a really fun show, but I wish I'd been more into them before seeing them and learned more of their songs. There were a bunch of people at that show singing along to every word with Claudio and it looked like they were having the time of their lives. I was enjoying myself too but I didn't have the familiarity with them to do that.

replace 'a bunch of people' with 'drat near every single person in the crowd' in my case. it was absurd, even other coheed concerts didn't have anywhere near the extent of people singing along to literally every single song, no matter how new or how deep a cut. in between a couple songs, claudio and josh talked about how amazing the crowd was and how they couldn't really hear their own instruments over everyone singing along. it fuckin ruled and now i'm debating on whether to go see them again in july in nyc.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i'm going on coheed's neverender cruise next october :woop:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

coheed is going on tour with primus lol that owns

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Omnikin posted:

As a huge Coheed fan and relatively new Primus enjoyer, this is a dream come true. The show being up in SPAC where I can go chill all day in the attached state park, have a picnic, take a hike & then go get high on the lawn and zonk out to some great music? drat man. Happy birthday to me

rad, i'm also going to the spac show on account of i live 10 minutes from there, though i got indoor seats. if you see some long-curly-haired dude wearing ss neverender 2 gear say hi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

OneSizeFitsAll posted:

Just starting my third day of Cruise to the Edge and holy poo poo this is the best holiday I've ever been on. A boat full of friendly prog lovers, band members just walking around, prog music everywhere and a generally chilled atmosphere.

Apart from getting official photos with Adrian Belew, Big Big Train, Jordan Rudess, Martin Barre, Riverside and Steve Hackett, making friends with Big Big Train's American gig tuba player and participating in a Q&A with Adrian Belew (I asked him about his time with Zappa), I've mostly and unsurprisingly been overloading on music!

So far I've seen:

Day 1

Symphony X
Stick Men - partial (also, Levin did not have his Chapman stick at the time as it got lost somewhere during embarkation)
The Flower Kings

Day 2

Wishbone Ash - partial
Steve Morse Band - partial
Airbag
Marillion
Haken
Lonely Robot

Thought I'd share a couple of pics.

Symphony X

They rocked very hard and holy poo poo did Russell Allen sound good. Should have warned my wife how heavy they are though so she could wear earplugs. Exacerbated a bit by the gig being inside in a theatre which is the largest indoor venue on the ship but much smaller than what they would usually play. I think their second gig on the pool stage will be less overwhelming, and I will be there for it.

The Flower Kings

Been slowly getting into these guys over the past year and they were enormously enjoyable to watch. They seem like fun guys and their music is an adventure.

My lovely attempt at a panoramic photo of Airbag playing the pool stage, complete with peripheral thumb. They sound like a cross between Riverside and Pink Floyd. Songs are a bit samey, but very enjoyable nonetheless.

Marillion

A definite highlight so far. Just brilliant and what a charismatic performer Hogarth is.

Haken

This was their second gig. First night they performed all of Fauna in the main theatre, but I missed it as I was exhausted. Second one on the pool stage was them doing previous stuff. Due to an annoying scheduling conflict I had to leave Marillion two songs before the end to catch some of this. Saw 45 mins of them, which was great, but missed them doing Cockroach King, which was annoying. They sound great live; their first gig in the theatre would have probably been a bit sonically ovewhelming but outdoors it was incredible. They finished with Visions, which was epic.

Lonely Robot

Wasn't familiar with them, but a great gig in one of the smaller indoor venues, about 90 mins after the Marillion gig. A clearly-pretty-drunk-by-this-point Steve Hogarth showed up to do backing vocals on a couple of songs, including the one in the picture.

I'm in heaven and don't want this to end.

oh hey that's the same ship that ss neverender 2 was on. i had a blast and highly recommend any coheed fans with a few extra bucks go on neverender 3 in 2025.