Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

rikshot posted:

Finally a prog thread!

2. Chroma Key

More electronic and ambient and less rock. Still progressive as gently caress. Really mellow melodies. Interesting rythmics and themes. I wouldnt recommend jumping straight into this stuff at first as it is kinda crazy. Still very good music.

This is just awesome. Thanks for the recommendation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Iatethirtybugs posted:

Just wanted to plug a few overlooked prog Albums:

Comus-First Utterance

Im not too sure how to describe this one so I'll let the album cover do most of it for me. Dark, folky, and just plain catchy it's mesmerizing till the last note.

If anyone else knows of some great prog bands then please post em. lets try to keep this thread alive.

First Utterance is amazing. Thanks for the recommendation.

I have The Sum of No Evil by the Flower Kings and I just can't get into it. I love how upbeat they are. But it seems like they struggle to resolve their motifs.