Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thundercleese5
Apr 23, 2010

War! It's good for me!
What's my name?
I have loved Prog Rock for decades but I can see some of the problems with it. One thing that confounds me is why so many modern Progressive Rock bands try to sound like they were recording in the early 70s. That's REGRESSIVE, not Progressive.

I have to also sound a note of discord with all this Neal Morse love. I loved the stuff he did with Spock's Beard up to the album "Snow" where I think he just phoned it in. After he became a Born-Again Christian and left Spock's Beard so he could form his own Christian prog label, he just got really really creepy to me. That and some of his lyrics are like really clichéd and ridiculous to me... and I like Yes.

Gotta fourth or fifth or whatever on the love for King Crimson. "Larks Tongues in Aspic" and "Red" are my two favorite 70s period albums, and "THRAK" is an excellent starting point.

With none of this in mind, feast your eyes on THIS. It's from Dutch 70s prog rockers Focus:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFDW9b_ejfI

I can't look, but I can't turn away!

Thundercleese5 fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Dec 20, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU