Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah
Jul 2, 2003
Fungah! Foiled again!
Good call on the Prog thread op!

Neal's solo albums starting with Testimony get progressively more proggy. They are all concept albums (of sorts) but I feel that Testimony is the best of them (I may be biased because I saw Testimony on tour with the 9 piece band including MP on drums which was pretty much the best thing ever).

I'm so ridiculously psyched about seeing TransAtlantic live in London in May which will also be recorded for the live CD/DVD. I haven't fully gotten into Whirlwind yet as its quite hard to penetrate a 77 minute long song but reading reports about the US leg of the tour just mean that May 21st can't come soon enough. Testimony Live was about 3 hours long (with Stranger in Your Soul as an encore but the Whirlwind show is approaching 3.5 hours.

SBX should be coming out in the near future as well which should be good fun. I think that new SB has released some really good rock tunes (maybe not as proggy as the Neal stuff) and they still put on a killer show. SB + a surprise guest appearance by MP on drums playing The Light is just one of those special moments! I do think NDVs voice, whilst strong, works best when its used in harmony with Neal's though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah
Jul 2, 2003
Fungah! Foiled again!
There are people who don't like Metropolis Pt. 2?

Fungah
Jul 2, 2003
Fungah! Foiled again!
So I just got back from TransAtlantic in London. It was pretty much the best gig ever. They played The Whirlwind, All of the Above, We all need some Light, Duel with the Devil, Bridge Across Forever and Stranger in your Soul. A cozy 3.5 hour set.

It was easily the best performance I've ever seen Morse or Portnoy give (seen Morse twice solo and Portnoy four times before this with DT and SB and Neal). Neal was hitting the high notes all night, Mike was just masses and masses of fun on stage. Daniel Gildenlowe was rocking out the whole time. I'm glad he got some time at centre stage.

I can't wait for the DVD release.